1. What is the general goal of the feature?
The goal of the feature is to make it possible to load in a series of locations (eg. health facilities) into ODK and make them viewable on a map similar to the way you can currently view submissions now (see ticket below). Clicking on the point would allow you to pass metadata (eg. the feature id) to the submission. This would provide similar "check-in" functionality that OMK provides.
More feature specifics
- The source for the locations would be a CSV or geojson file downloaded as a form media file
- In the form ability to launch the geowidget view, view nearby locations, click on them and have that populate the form with specified properties from the locations file
- In the form definition, define the properties to pull from the location file when you click on it.
2. What are some example use cases for this feature?
Anyone wanting to visit specific locations to collect data. This is particularly the case where you are collecting data on things (eg. waterpoints) or locations (hamlets) that don't have clear names.
3. What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
We would be up for helping to develop it. We have already developed a different Mapbox based Geowidget capable of providing a lot of this functionality. Part of our analysis is to figure out if we should develop a solution based on that would pair our map app with ODK (similar to OMK) to achieve this. If ODK's map widget has the needed based functionality we would be open to building out the functionality here.
Wanted to start this conversation to understand if #1 people thought this would be useful and #2 how viable using ODK's map widget as a starting point would be for this.