Access aggregate database on Google Cloud Platform

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have some forms that have been finalised and submitted to the server. The participants have since been in touch to alert me to errors they made on the forms. Given the data is already on the aggregate server (hosted on GCP) I'm unsure as to how I can update records after they have been submitted. Is it possible to ssh into GCP or similar?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Google cloud paltform standard aggregate installation version 1.4.12

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
This is not a reproduceable problem, more to do with my lack of GCP skills.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I've searched GCP documentation for accessing a server but I'm unsure what the exact set up of aggregate is and do not want to go poking around in the instance until I know what I am doing as this is instance is currently accepting data.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

I think that if you publish your data in Aggregate to Fusion Tables you should be able to edit these values through the Fusion Tables interface (so it could be spreadsheet like or 'cards').

There should be some documentation within ODK or Fusion tables that will help you further. Hope this gives you enough of a pointer to make progress. I think others will tell you of the dangers of poking around in the database...

1 Like

You can edit the Google Data Store by going to https://console.cloud.google.com/projectselector/datastore and the rough structure is at https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/wiki/Aggregate-Database-Structure. If you aren't technical and detail-oriented, I would not recommend it. It's definitely easier to send the data to another service (e.g., Sheets, CSV) and do the edits there.

Fantastic thanks Yaw. That's relatively easy to navigate and I'm not new to databases so I think it will be fine.I'll send up a test form and submit some data just to test prior to editing the real submissions.

Thanks seewhy. Unfortunately due to the way my google account is set up (business account that uses a custom domain) I'm unable to publish directly to fusion tables (it requires an @gmail.com or similar structure for the sign in but my email is @my-domain.com).

I've posted topics relating to this previously and the consensus was... google are aware of the problem but it has not (to my knowledge) been fixed yet.