Add an audit log to ODK Aggregate

Hello! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or if it should go to Features, but here I go (sorry in advanced!):

In terms of Protection of Personal Data, the Spanish Data Protection Law, in general the European law, requires that from application that manage personal data, it should be possible to know who access to which data at which moment: visualization, download of data, etc. We are facing some problems in this regard and do not collect personal data because of this reason. But the registration of beneficiaries is something in our day to day, so we would like to be able to do this making sure we comply with the law.

Does it exist or could be developed a table that registers which user, at what time, has had access to each one of the forms?

Other challenge for European Data Protection Laws is that from May 2018, basically all applications that manage personal data, will have to have the data bases encrypted.

Any recommendation or work around?

Thanks a lot!

I don't know about aggregate but some ODK compatible servers do support this. Certainly the Smap server logs all views of data. Others such as CTO probably do as well.

1 Like

Hi Raquel! I've moved this to the Feature Request category and renamed the title to make the request a little clearer. ODK Aggregate currently does not have auditing of this sort.

1 Like