Add number of question based main question

Dear friends, hello and best wishes, hope every one is doing well
i have a question
for example, my main question is
how many projects are completed by this CDC?
the first will reply 2 project, second will reply 5 project and thrid will reply 3 project
i want in XLS form to add the same number of text box to write the name of each project
Name of first project:
Name of second project
name of third project .............
if some one tell me 3 projects, then i want to appear fields for 3 projects names only(not for five), if some one tell me 5 projects, then i want to appear fields for 5 projects names and if some one tell me one project, then only one field should be appeared after the main question.
is there any logic to use and give such result
thanks in advance.

Good morning Mansour,

do you have a maximum number of projects ?
If yes (for example 10) Yous can add 10 text widget and in the relevant column use a filter like ${total_project} >=1
${total_project} >=2
number_of_project.xlsx (6.8 KB)
You could also manage it with a loop.

1 Like

Hello @Mansour,

Alternatively to the suggestion from @mathieubossaert you could use repeated group with only one question inside name of the project and outside the repeat have an other question that gathers number of projects. This question number of project will be the value you pass to the repeat_count column of your repeat so that the number of iterations are dynamically set by users response

It's good to note that repeated datasets will result in separate files (mother and children) which you can merge using various tools. You can also transpose them to obtain one flat file
Hoping it helps,

Best,
Jules R

1 Like

thank you dear @mathieubossaert and @jules_rugwiro for the help, the first option is simple i think, i have long deep knowledge of ODK so it is better to use simple ways.
thanks again both friends

Hi Mathieu,

Good Afternoon,

I am just start working in ODK software. I have prepared on ODK form. I want to know how to build a skip check and roster check in ODK form. I would like to let you know that where I have write the skip check and roster checks.Anil_ODK_Sample01.zip (16.3 KB) ODK test questionnaire.docx (51.8 KB)

I have marked my query in yellow colour in word file (Office 2010 version) questionnaire.

I am enclosed my ODK form and questionnaire for your reference.

Looking forward to your support and guidance for ODK software.

Hi @AnilRawat,

As far as I understand your need I think your close to the solution.
Just make use of the repeat-count column of the survey sheet :

https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-repeats/#setting-a-max-limit-on-repetitions

By the way you had 2 mistakes in the form, in the relevant column. To refer an answer value you have to use ${question_name} so the relevant condition must be ${Agree} = ‘1’.

Anil-Sample01-export.xlsx (12.8 KB)

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked the solution provided by you.

Looking forward to your support and guidance in my further queries.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

1 Like

Hi Mathieu,

I have two or three queries of ODK questionnaire. I want to prepared two-three checks in my ODK form.

1. Q105 - If Age is less than or equal to 3 than Marital Status code should be code 5.

2. Q205A How many members of the household use toilet facility - Number of Females - Number of HH roster Female count value is not more than this question (Q205a) value

3. Q205A How many members of the household use toilet facility - Number of Males -
    Number of HH roster Male count value is not more than this question (Q205b) value

4. How and where we write the error message.

5. How to use an external file of the ID part and where I have to define in our excel form.

I have marked my queries in yellow colour in my Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx.

I would like to request, can you please spare half-hour hangout call with me for explaining my queries.

Thanks for your support and guidance to me in ODK.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx (17 KB)

Hi Mathieu,

I need your support and guidance of the queries raised in my previous mail.

I am waiting for a response.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Good morning,

Please create a new topic since your questions are not relative to the topic subject.
It will help you to get more help on the forum.

Mahieu

Hi Mathieu,

I have doubt in compare roster question.

Can please check the command I have mentioned in against the QQ105. I have check it but it is not working.

Please guide me.

I am enclosing my xlxs form your reference.

Thanks & regards,

AnilAnil-Sample06-export.xlsx (17.0 KB)

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your response,

I have one doubt in command I have written in Q105.

Please check the command and suggest.

I am enclosed my xlsx file for your reference.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx (17.1 KB)

if I understand, there are two test to do :

(age <=3 AND marital_status = 5) OR age > 3

So I would write

(${Q104} <=3 and . = 5) or ${Q104} > 3

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will check this command and get back to you soon.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks a ton for your guidance.

Yes, check is working now.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Hi Mathieu,

Sorry to disturb you again and again.

I have two more queries. Queries details are given below:

Q107 - If Q106 (Whether ${Q101} going to school/ College? )=98 or Q104(Age) less than or equal to 3 then skip to Q107

Q205a - Q205a value should not be greater than or less than the of HH roster Female count value (Let we have two female found is HH roster)

Q205b - Q205a value should not be greater than or less than the of HH roster Male count value (Let we have two Male found is HH roster)

What should we write the command for the above queries and where should I have written this command. (constraint Column)

I have marked the yellow colour of my queries in xlsx attached file.

Thanks for your support and guidance.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx (18.2 KB)

Hello Anil,

I had check your Excel file.

Solution to question 1. You can use ${Q104} >= '4' or ${Q106} != '98' in relevant. This means its appers when Q104 age is above 4 years old or if the respondent say never attend school it wont appear.

Solution to Question 2 and 3: As you had explained : Value should not be greater than or less than the of HH roster Female count value and Male count value.(Let we have two female and 2 male found is HH roster). It can be done using putting ${Total_HH} in constraint in Q205a and Q205b. But what if there is no male members or Female members. So these need to be consider. I think you need to reconsider these issues as well

Hope this works for you,

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

1 Like

Hi
Mathieu/Dinesh,

Thanks, Dinesh for your response.

As per your suggestion, I have put the same check in relevant column. But it won't work.

In Q106 we have one check is
${Q104} >= '2'

In Q107 we have two kinds of check 1. ${Q104} >= '2'

It means than if Age is less than 3 year than we skip Q106 and Q107.

The solution to question 1. You can use ${Q104} >= '4' or ${Q106} != '98' in relevant. This means it appears when Q104 age is above 4 years old or if the respondent says never attend school it won't appear.

I have tried the above check but it won't work. I am enclosing the file for your reference.

I would like to request you please this check Q107 check (Is it two check work together in the relevant column) and suggest.

1. Q205A How many members of the household use toilet facility - Number of Females - Number of HH roster Female count value is not more than this question (Q205a) value (How do we count of female/ Male member in HH roster)

2. Q205A How many members of the household use toilet facility - Number of Males - Number of HH roster Male count value is not more than this question (Q205b) value

3. How to use an external ID Part file or call in thru ODK xlsx form and where do we write the command for the same.

Thanks & regards,

Anil

Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx (18.2 KB)

Hello Anil,

I had worked on your excel file. And i had made some changes in constraint and Relevant section and had made comments as well for your explanation and highlighted what changes that I had made.

I checked the file and it works for me in ODK.

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

Anil-Sample06-export.xlsx (19.7 KB)

How to use an external ID Part file or call in thru ODK xlsx form and where do we write the command for the same. I didn't get this question. what are you trying to say ?

1 Like

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks your support and guidance to me.

I will check the same at my end and get back to you soon if required.

Thanks & regards,

Anil