Adding Telugu translations to Collect

Team, I would like to help translate into Telugu Language. But Telugu is not listed in the language selection list.

1 Like

I enabled that language, please try again.

1 Like

Thanks Grzegorz Orczykowski!

I joined the team. I dont see any strings to translate. Can you point me to any documentation on where to start?

Team,

We are translating strings into Telugu Language. I see that it has to be reviewed. Anyone from ODK team has to take up the task of reviewing or I need to find someone? What is the process and how does it work?

Thanks,
Naveen

1 Like

If you know Telugu Language we could add you as a reviewer or coordinator but I can't see such an option... @LN maybe you can help?

1 Like

Thanks for inquiring about the process, @naveen_Ramisetti, and for enabling Telugu, @Grzesiek2010!

Since you have requested the language and that I don't know any long-term members of the community who speak Telugu, I have gone ahead and made you a coordinator of the language team. That should give you the ability to add new team members and to review strings. I see that there are now two other Telugu team members. If you are working with other trusted translators, I recommend that you make them reviewers as well so that you can check each other's work.

There will be a Collect beta coming out soon with a translation update and I'll make sure that you're tagged in the post announcing it so that you can verify the Telugu text in context.

If you are planning to use the translations soon, the next Collect release is planned for July 28th or so, depending on beta feedback. The following release will be two months after that.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Thanks @Grzesiek2010 @LN for the help. Yes,I know the people who are translating. We will peer review it once done.

2 Likes

Hello,

We are done translating the strings. Where can we test this before finalizing the review process. We want to minimize literal translation where ever possible depending on the context. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Naveen

2 Likes

@naveen_Ramisetti We'll do another beta in a week and it'll have the translations. Read ODK Collect v1.23 Beta to learn how to join the beta.

2 Likes

@naveen_Ramisetti The Telugu translations are now in Collect. Download the latest beta from ODK Collect v1.23 Beta and give it a try. If you find mistakes, update them in Transifex and they'll be added to the next release (likely one week from today).

2 Likes

Thanks @yanokwa. I will get back to you if we run into any issues.

1 Like

Although we haven't tried different options to validate translations, I have reviewed all the strings. Hope we will be able to correct changes based on the context in future.

1 Like