Aggregate Postgres Documentation?

Hi all,

Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that
explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I
will dive into the code and figure it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source
tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an
ant build script or the like.

Thanks,

Jeff

··· On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that > explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I > will dive into the code and figure it out. > > Thanks, > > Jeff

You need to copy "conf/jars/odk-postgres-settings.jar" to war/WEB-INF/lib.

Each configuration has a custom jar that tell Aggregate how to behave.
Note: The postgres version is the least tested of the current alpha
1.0 code source.

Here is a work in progress wiki that should help
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateDeploymentConfiguration

Waylon

··· On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: > After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source > tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an > ant build script or the like. > > Thanks, > > Jeff > > On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that >> explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I >> will dive into the code and figure it out. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Jeff >

Hi Waylon,

I found this wiki page, and creating the jar and putting it in
WEB-INF/lib is relatively straightforward. The issue seems to be how
to get the src tree built and the resulting classes/jar deployed into
the war/WEB-INF/lib or war/WEB-INF/classes dir. I get endless
ClassNotFound exceptions in tomcat with the various ways I've tried to
do this.

If there is not an ant or maven build script to build and create a
normal war file, should one be created? I realize that most people
deploy to GAE, but this is not feasible in the kind of deployment Im
targeting.

Any further pointers are appreciated.

Jeff

··· On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM, W. Brunette wrote: > You need to copy "conf/jars/odk-postgres-settings.jar" to war/WEB-INF/lib. > > Each configuration has a custom jar that tell Aggregate how to behave. > Note: The postgres version is the least tested of the current alpha > 1.0 code source. > > Here is a work in progress wiki that should help > http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateDeploymentConfiguration > > Waylon > > On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >> After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source >> tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an >> ant build script or the like. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Jeff >> >> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: >>> Hi all, >>> >>> Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that >>> explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I >>> will dive into the code and figure it out. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> >>> Jeff >> >

We develop in eclipse and let eclipse do the work. If you create a
dynamic web project and instead of using the WebContent folder we
point eclipse at the war. Alternatively you can add all the jars in
war/WEB-INF/lib to your classpath in eclipse and it should build (did
last time I tried).

We will be switching to Maven 3; however, Mitch wants to do somethings
before we do the switch so I do not have an ETA on that.

Waylon

··· On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: > Hi Waylon, > > I found this wiki page, and creating the jar and putting it in > WEB-INF/lib is relatively straightforward. The issue seems to be how > to get the src tree built and the resulting classes/jar deployed into > the war/WEB-INF/lib or war/WEB-INF/classes dir. I get endless > ClassNotFound exceptions in tomcat with the various ways I've tried to > do this. > > If there is not an ant or maven build script to build and create a > normal war file, should one be created? I realize that most people > deploy to GAE, but this is not feasible in the kind of deployment Im > targeting. > > Any further pointers are appreciated. > > Jeff > > On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM, W. Brunette wrote: >> You need to copy "conf/jars/odk-postgres-settings.jar" to war/WEB-INF/lib. >> >> Each configuration has a custom jar that tell Aggregate how to behave. >> Note: The postgres version is the least tested of the current alpha >> 1.0 code source. >> >> Here is a work in progress wiki that should help >> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateDeploymentConfiguration >> >> Waylon >> >> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >>> After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source >>> tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an >>> ant build script or the like. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> >>> Jeff >>> >>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: >>>> Hi all, >>>> >>>> Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that >>>> explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I >>>> will dive into the code and figure it out. >>>> >>>> Thanks, >>>> >>>> Jeff >>> >> >

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can do with eclipse, but will
probably just end up hacking out a quick ant build script for this as
I would like to be able to develop/deploy on remote servers that are
headless.

Any ETA on a postgres based install (like the mysql one)?

Jeff

··· On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM, W. Brunette wrote: > We develop in eclipse and let eclipse do the work. If you create a > dynamic web project and instead of using the WebContent folder we > point eclipse at the war. Alternatively you can add all the jars in > war/WEB-INF/lib to your classpath in eclipse and it should build (did > last time I tried). > > We will be switching to Maven 3; however, Mitch wants to do somethings > before we do the switch so I do not have an ETA on that. > > Waylon > > On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >> Hi Waylon, >> >> I found this wiki page, and creating the jar and putting it in >> WEB-INF/lib is relatively straightforward. The issue seems to be how >> to get the src tree built and the resulting classes/jar deployed into >> the war/WEB-INF/lib or war/WEB-INF/classes dir. I get endless >> ClassNotFound exceptions in tomcat with the various ways I've tried to >> do this. >> >> If there is not an ant or maven build script to build and create a >> normal war file, should one be created? I realize that most people >> deploy to GAE, but this is not feasible in the kind of deployment Im >> targeting. >> >> Any further pointers are appreciated. >> >> Jeff >> >> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM, W. Brunette wrote: >>> You need to copy "conf/jars/odk-postgres-settings.jar" to war/WEB-INF/lib. >>> >>> Each configuration has a custom jar that tell Aggregate how to behave. >>> Note: The postgres version is the least tested of the current alpha >>> 1.0 code source. >>> >>> Here is a work in progress wiki that should help >>> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateDeploymentConfiguration >>> >>> Waylon >>> >>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >>>> After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source >>>> tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an >>>> ant build script or the like. >>>> >>>> Thanks, >>>> >>>> Jeff >>>> >>>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: >>>>> Hi all, >>>>> >>>>> Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that >>>>> explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I >>>>> will dive into the code and figure it out. >>>>> >>>>> Thanks, >>>>> >>>>> Jeff >>>> >>> >> >

In 2-3 weeks, we are trying to make a installer that shares common
components across platforms (windows, linux, mac) and postgres is a
part of that effort.

··· On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: > Thanks for the info. I will see what I can do with eclipse, but will > probably just end up hacking out a quick ant build script for this as > I would like to be able to develop/deploy on remote servers that are > headless. > > Any ETA on a postgres based install (like the mysql one)? > > Jeff > > On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:41 AM, W. Brunette wrote: >> We develop in eclipse and let eclipse do the work. If you create a >> dynamic web project and instead of using the WebContent folder we >> point eclipse at the war. Alternatively you can add all the jars in >> war/WEB-INF/lib to your classpath in eclipse and it should build (did >> last time I tried). >> >> We will be switching to Maven 3; however, Mitch wants to do somethings >> before we do the switch so I do not have an ETA on that. >> >> Waylon >> >> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >>> Hi Waylon, >>> >>> I found this wiki page, and creating the jar and putting it in >>> WEB-INF/lib is relatively straightforward. The issue seems to be how >>> to get the src tree built and the resulting classes/jar deployed into >>> the war/WEB-INF/lib or war/WEB-INF/classes dir. I get endless >>> ClassNotFound exceptions in tomcat with the various ways I've tried to >>> do this. >>> >>> If there is not an ant or maven build script to build and create a >>> normal war file, should one be created? I realize that most people >>> deploy to GAE, but this is not feasible in the kind of deployment Im >>> targeting. >>> >>> Any further pointers are appreciated. >>> >>> Jeff >>> >>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM, W. Brunette wrote: >>>> You need to copy "conf/jars/odk-postgres-settings.jar" to war/WEB-INF/lib. >>>> >>>> Each configuration has a custom jar that tell Aggregate how to behave. >>>> Note: The postgres version is the least tested of the current alpha >>>> 1.0 code source. >>>> >>>> Here is a work in progress wiki that should help >>>> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateDeploymentConfiguration >>>> >>>> Waylon >>>> >>>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote: >>>>> After a quick poke around ... the real question is how is the source >>>>> tree built when not using GAE to deploy. There doesnt seem to be an >>>>> ant build script or the like. >>>>> >>>>> Thanks, >>>>> >>>>> Jeff >>>>> >>>>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM, ortelius wrote: >>>>>> Hi all, >>>>>> >>>>>> Is there some documentation somewhere that I am overlooking that >>>>>> explains how to setup an Aggregate server using PostgreSQL? If not, I >>>>>> will dive into the code and figure it out. >>>>>> >>>>>> Thanks, >>>>>> >>>>>> Jeff >>>>> >>>> >>> >> >