Alternative option to using relevance fields?

Hello,

I am creating a survey on ODK. First I ask about which of the last five years data has been reported to WHO. I then want this data broken down by case definition, but only for the more recent two years selected. For example, if data was reported to WHO in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 I want to know the breakdown for just 2019 and 2018.

This was simple enough to do with 2019, 2018 and 2017 using the relevant field. However there is too many options for 2015 and I can't seem to stop the question showing up regardless of if it is selected or not.

Any ideas of a simpler way of doing this rather than relying on extremely long relevance clauses?
Thanks!

Its not quite clear what it is you are wanting; could you perhaps post what you have now - ie for 2016...2019 - and describe what it is doing wrong. I'm fairly sure there is probably a straightforward solution to accomplish what you want. Note, you can treat years as just numbers, and compare them using relational operators (<, <=, >, >=)

Hi, it is a bit confusing to explain so I have attached the excell form. But I start by asking which years data was reported, with a select_one answer and the choice of yes, no or unknown (lines 10-16)

I then want to ask about the two most recent years of data. So I have groups for each year. But I only want the questions to appear if they have been selected in the previous question AND they are the two most recent years. So 2019 looks like this, with the relevance clause - IF 2019 = yes (lines 18-24)

When I get to the 2016 and 2015 groups my relevance clauses get very long as there are so many conditions and they keep showing up regardless of if they were selected in line 14 or 15.

A simpler solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks