API to query nested data through Google Fusion Tables

Hi,

I use ODK to perform door-to-door enrolments for our health center. Our
enrolment form collects information about the household (address, GPS etc)
and within it is a repeat group of nested individuals. I have configured our
own ODK aggregate instance which synchronizes with Google Fusion tables.
Then using Google APIs I download the data. However, for the nested
individuals the data in the CSV is a URL to the xxx.appspot.com (the ODK
aggregate instance). I'm looking for ways to query this data
programmatically. Anybody has experience doing this? How do I by-pass the
ODK Aggregate authentication? I tried the Google Client Login but that
doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated.
-Deepak

If all you want is a csv of the data, consider the 'Briefcase' applet,
which, if you check the 'Download nested repeat groups' will produce a csv
for the top-level data, and a csv for each nested repeat group in the
dataset (for example, for HouseholdSurvey, you get two csv files, one of all
the households, and one of all the childrenOfHouseholds, the one repeat
group within that survey). You'll then need to join the repeat groups back
to the parent dataset through the PARENT_KEY and KEY columns of the two csv
tables.

This operates directly off the appspot server, without need to go through
fusion tables, and will also download binary data (images, audio, video) to
your local system if you want that, or it will retain the appspot URL to
point back to the data.

Mitch

··· On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Deepak Rajanna <deepak.rajanna@ictph.org.in wrote:

Hi,

-Deepak

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer

University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

As for the programmatic querying, our plan is to support OAuth to the
Aggregate 1.0 server, which would allow any application to talk to the
server (after getting an OAuth token) rather than requiring applets (like
Briefcase), as is the case now. For now, however, the best alternative is
to download the dataset to a local system and write your program to process
the csv's.

Aggregate 0.9x has anonymous access to binary attachments (no security
check), and Aggregate 1.0 will also support that (you have to choose to
allow it), so you can work with just the csv data and leave the binary data
up on the server if space is a concern.

Mitch

··· On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Mitch Sundt wrote:

If all you want is a csv of the data, consider the 'Briefcase' applet,
which, if you check the 'Download nested repeat groups' will produce a csv
for the top-level data, and a csv for each nested repeat group in the
dataset (for example, for HouseholdSurvey, you get two csv files, one of all
the households, and one of all the childrenOfHouseholds, the one repeat
group within that survey). You'll then need to join the repeat groups back
to the parent dataset through the PARENT_KEY and KEY columns of the two csv
tables.

This operates directly off the appspot server, without need to go through
fusion tables, and will also download binary data (images, audio, video) to
your local system if you want that, or it will retain the appspot URL to
point back to the data.

Mitch

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Deepak Rajanna < deepak.rajanna@ictph.org.in> wrote:

Hi,

-Deepak

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
http://www.OpenDataKit.org
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer

University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch.

··· On Mar 29, 10:31 pm, Mitch Sundt wrote: > As for the programmatic querying, our plan is to support OAuth to the > Aggregate 1.0 server, which would allow any application to talk to the > server (after getting an OAuth token) rather than requiring applets (like > Briefcase), as is the case now. For now, however, the best alternative is > to download the dataset to a local system and write your program to process > the csv's. > > Aggregate 0.9x has anonymous access to binary attachments (no security > check), and Aggregate 1.0 will also support that (you have to choose to > allow it), so you can work with just the csv data and leave the binary data > up on the server if space is a concern. > > Mitch > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > If all you want is a csv of the data, consider the 'Briefcase' applet, > > which, if you check the 'Download nested repeat groups' will produce a csv > > for the top-level data, and a csv for each nested repeat group in the > > dataset (for example, for HouseholdSurvey, you get two csv files, one of all > > the households, and one of all the childrenOfHouseholds, the one repeat > > group within that survey). You'll then need to join the repeat groups back > > to the parent dataset through the PARENT_KEY and KEY columns of the two csv > > tables. > > > This operates directly off the appspot server, without need to go through > > fusion tables, and will also download binary data (images, audio, video) to > > your local system if you want that, or it will retain the appspot URL to > > point back to the data. > > > Mitch > > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Deepak Rajanna < deepak.raja...@ictph.org.in> wrote: > > >> Hi, > > >> I use ODK to perform door-to-door enrolments for our health center. Our > >> enrolment form collects information about the household (address, GPS etc) > >> and within it is a repeat group of nested individuals. I have configured our > >> own ODK aggregate instance which synchronizes with Google Fusion tables. > >> Then using Google APIs I download the data. However, for the nested > >> individuals the data in the CSV is a URL to the xxx.appspot.com (the ODK > >> aggregate instance). I'm looking for ways to query this data > >> programmatically. Anybody has experience doing this? How do I by-pass the > >> ODK Aggregate authentication? I tried the Google Client Login but that > >> doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated. > >> -Deepak > > >> -- > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Mitch Sundt > > Software Engineer > >http://www.OpenDataKit.org > > University of Washington > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineerhttp://www.OpenDataKit.org > University of Washington > mitchellsu...@gmail.com

Thanks guys. I have the same issue. Cant wait for ODK 1.0 to be out!

··· On Apr 3, 5:29 am, Deepak Rajanna wrote: > Thanks Mitch. > > On Mar 29, 10:31 pm, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > > > > > > > > As for the programmatic querying, our plan is to support OAuth to the > > Aggregate 1.0 server, which would allow any application to talk to the > > server (after getting an OAuth token) rather than requiring applets (like > > Briefcase), as is the case now. For now, however, the best alternative is > > to download the dataset to a local system and write your program to process > > the csv's. > > > Aggregate 0.9x has anonymous access to binary attachments (no security > > check), and Aggregate 1.0 will also support that (you have to choose to > > allow it), so you can work with just the csv data and leave the binary data > > up on the server if space is a concern. > > > Mitch > > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > > > If all you want is a csv of the data, consider the 'Briefcase' applet, > > > which, if you check the 'Download nested repeat groups' will produce a csv > > > for the top-level data, and a csv for each nested repeat group in the > > > dataset (for example, for HouseholdSurvey, you get two csv files, one of all > > > the households, and one of all the childrenOfHouseholds, the one repeat > > > group within that survey). You'll then need to join the repeat groups back > > > to the parent dataset through the PARENT_KEY and KEY columns of the two csv > > > tables. > > > > This operates directly off the appspot server, without need to go through > > > fusion tables, and will also download binary data (images, audio, video) to > > > your local system if you want that, or it will retain the appspot URL to > > > point back to the data. > > > > Mitch > > > > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Deepak Rajanna < deepak.raja...@ictph.org.in> wrote: > > > >> Hi, > > > >> I use ODK to perform door-to-door enrolments for our health center. Our > > >> enrolment form collects information about the household (address, GPS etc) > > >> and within it is a repeat group of nested individuals. I have configured our > > >> own ODK aggregate instance which synchronizes with Google Fusion tables. > > >> Then using Google APIs I download the data. However, for the nested > > >> individuals the data in the CSV is a URL to the xxx.appspot.com (the ODK > > >> aggregate instance). I'm looking for ways to query this data > > >> programmatically. Anybody has experience doing this? How do I by-pass the > > >> ODK Aggregateauthentication? I tried the Google Client Login but that > > >> doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated. > > >> -Deepak > > > >> -- > > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > -- > > > Mitch Sundt > > > Software Engineer > > >http://www.OpenDataKit.org > > > University of Washington > > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com > > > -- > > Mitch Sundt > > Software Engineerhttp://www.OpenDataKit.org > > University of Washington > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com