App Engine configuration & GCP console

Hi all - New here. I've been using ODK for nearly a decade, and today learned that I can not longer access ODK because "something is not working with your App Engine configuration, this is due to you not having set any App Engine resources yet on the GCP console. To link ODK with GCP, you need to do this through App Engine, which you have not configured yet."

I tried to find something straight forward online, but failed to.Can someone point me to where I can do this...? MANY thanks in advance!
Alex

Thanks for being such a long-time user of ODK and welcome to the forum @sokwetz! Also thanks for adding your profile picture as it helps build community. We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread.

I don't have an answer to the exact error message you're seeing. I know there are still some users of Aggregate so maybe someone on the forum will have advice. Unfortunately, Google App Engine support is now legacy and only available in Aggregate v1.x as noted in the ODK documentation and further explained in this post on Upcoming changes to Aggregate from January 2019. For new projects, we recommend checking out ODK Central.

1 Like

MANY, many thanks, Dan. Certainly one option is to begin afresh with ODK Central but the more immediate challenge is how to migrate (e.g. not lose!) the current forms/data that we're collecting...buying time to set-up whatever follows. Do you know of you documentation on that? Many thanks again, Alex

I don't have experience migrating but I think it might be possible using Briefcase as noted here.

1 Like

I received a new error tonight, as I realised that it's a particular form that is triggering the "AppEngine Application Problem" error. The new error message reads (see attached) :

Have you ever seen this? Regardless, can you help me understand what the issue is? The form that I am trying to download has not been changed recently...

Many thanks - Alex

If you choose to go with a yearly Professional plan on ODK Cloud, the core team will migrate your forms and data for you. If you self-host, then you can self-migrate using the instructions @danbjoseph linked to.

As to the problem you are having, it sounds like you are out of quota. Have you added a credit card to your Google Cloud account that hosts your Aggregate install in App Engine?

Hi Yaw - I am about 2 years late and wondering what you advise. I began using ODK in '13 and have used it for daily data collection in E Africa ever since. I never migrated from Aggregate and am now learning what a mistake that was! The most recent message (from Google Cloud Platform) as help on an error that I now receive is:

"The error message states that there is an issue and something is not working with your App Engine configuration, this is due to you not having set any App Engine resources yet on the GCP console. To link ODK with GCP, you need to do this through App Engine, which you have not configured yet."

Can you advise what my current options are to migrate our current system over to what is recommended? Do we have to start afresh or can we continue to use the forms that are currently on the tablets in the field but set-up a new server? Many thanks for any/all help! Not sure if best to email, in which case I am sokwesauti@gmail.com. Many thanks.

Many thanks. Is it possible to purchase the professional plan on ODK cloud for an abbreviated period, e.g. 6-months only? If so, what would be the cost?

Alex

It’s possible. I’ll send you a message to discuss the options.