Archived projects are missing forms and submissions after upgrading to central 1.5

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
We upgraded our ODK central from 1.4 to 1.5. When we upgraded to 1.5, archived projects show no forms or submissions where before a user was still able to get them. Any new project created in 1.5 and archived will work. This is only projects that were archived before we upgraded to 1.5

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
Upgrade from odk central 1.4 to 1.5

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
Nothing yet, I am going to look at the archives to see if I can retrieve the projects that way.

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.

Go into System Management (https://yourserver.com/#/system/audits) and select Form Actions > Purge. Do you see forms being purged?

My guess is that this doesn't have anything to do with the upgrade. My guess is that you had forms that were deleted, but not yet purged. Data from forms that are scheduled for purging are still accessible via API (and thus via integrations) for 30 days. Once the 30 days were up (coincidentally around the time of the upgrade) the forms and data was purged.

Thanks, I will do that. I am not involved in the data collection on this one, but this will be good to double-check.

1 Like