Assign ODK directory to location on SD

Is it possible in the settings to assign the path of the ODK directory to be on the SD card?

I would like to do this for several reasons:

1. My forms have a lot of multimedia and doing so will ensure that there is enough space.

2. I would like the enumerator to be able to postal mail me the completed survey by just sending me the SD card since the upload of so much data is not convenient where Internet is nil or slow.

3. It will be easier for me to just mail the SD card with all the forms already loaded on the SD to the enumerator. (I would probably just put the ODK collect install package on the SD that has the ODK directory so the enumerator could install the app without having to have Internet.)

If this feature does not exist... is it a big deal to add the path to ODK directory?

Thanks!
Bob

If this feature does not exist... is it a big deal to add the path to ODK directory [in the settings]?

Bob,

By default, ODK Collect's files are saved on whatever the Android OS
returns when we call Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory(). On
most devices, that will be on the SD card.

If your device is saving to internal memory, then it's because the
build of Android on your device is doing something non-standard. I've
seen this on some Samsung devices. What device are you using?

Making the save location configurable is not a straight-forward thing.
I don't remember why, but I remember doing this a few years ago in a
custom build and regretting it.

Yaw

ยทยทยท -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM, bobachgill@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible in the settings to assign the path of the ODK directory to be on the SD card?

I would like to do this for several reasons:

1. My forms have a lot of multimedia and doing so will ensure that there is enough space.

2. I would like the enumerator to be able to postal mail me the completed survey by just sending me the SD card since the upload of so much data is not convenient where Internet is nil or slow.

3. It will be easier for me to just mail the SD card with all the forms already loaded on the SD to the enumerator. (I would probably just put the ODK collect install package on the SD that has the ODK directory so the enumerator could install the app without having to have Internet.)

If this feature does not exist... is it a big deal to add the path to ODK directory?

Thanks!
Bob

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.