1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Backup problem at the end of the form
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK v26.3 - Aggregatte
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Installation des dernières mise a jour
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Thanks for reporting the issue and welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!
could you attach your form? It would be much easier to reproduce the issue.
Thank you for your response, the problem occurs with all forms, the error occurs when saving. And it does not happen systematically. We've had it since version V26, and the updates haven't resolved the issue.
Ok I see. It's a strange and rare case we have been noticing in reports since i remember and which I've always wanted to solve (null FormController). Your help might be priceless in this case. Please answer some of my questions:
- Do you you use one or more devices (if more do you run into that issue on multiple devices or just one).
- Could you provide more details about the device you are able to reproduce the issue on?
- You said
it does not happen systematically. more or less in how many cases are you able to reproduce it (in %).
- Does it maybe happen if you leave your device with an open form for some time and then get back to it or maybe the device is active for the whole time.
- The cause of the issue you are noticing should cause other strange behaviors during filling a form. have you maybe noticed anything else?
As i said you answer and your help might be very important to track down the cause.
** Are you using one or more devices (if you no longer experience this problem on multiple devices or just one). **
** We use several devices, with different forms. The problem occurs on all forms and regardless of the form used **.
** Could you provide more details on the device on which you can reproduce the problem? **
We use Galaxy Tab 4 Activ 1 and 2
** You said it does not happen systematically. More or less in how many cases are you able to reproduce it (in%). **
The percentage was around 80% with the v26 version, 40% with the v26-2 version and 70% with the latest version. The solution to save the form is to leave ODK Collect. Relaunch the application and save.
** This can happen if you leave your device with an open form for a while and come back to it or maybe the device is active all the time **.
Yes indeed the device is active all the time. For chain entries the "bug" does not occur.
** The cause of the problem you notice should cause other strange behaviors when filling out a form. did you perhaps notice something else? **
We did not notice any other problem
Could you clarify this? For chain entries the "bug" does not occur but a device is active so what is the most common use case that would lead to reproducing the bug?
To reproduce the BUG, the form should be left active. The most common use for it is that the form is active for 5-10 minutes before being saved.
If we make a quick entry of the form the bug does not happen.
The most common use for it is that the form is active for 5-10 minutes before being saved.
and during that time the app and the form is open active? Or maybe you minimize the app in order to use some other apps in the meantime?
L’application reste active pendant la saisie et nous n'utilisons pas d'autre application pendant qu' ODK est ouvert.
Thanks I'll try to investigate the issue.