Calculate values from repeat group

Hi,

How do I calculate values, taken as input in repeat groups? For example, I have a repeat group and I would like it to be repeated 3 times and I will provide 3 values for 3 repeats. After repeats, How do I calculate values from the repeat groups?A form is attached here for your input.

Thanks,
Imran
repeat_group.xlsx (9.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hi,

I would use indexed-repeat in the case you have a constraint for the number of repeats allowed.

In your example, you have a maximum of 3 repeats, meaning you would need 3 calculate rows like this:

+--------------+--------------+-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+-----------------+
|     type     |     name     |               label               |                 calculation                 |  repeat_count   |
+--------------+--------------+-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+-----------------+
| integer      | total_people | How many people will be surveyed? |                                             |                 |
| begin_repeat | repeat_name  | Group 1                           |                                             | ${total_people} |
| integer      | value        | Value:                            |                                             |                 |
| end_repeat   |              |                                   |                                             |                 |
| calculate    | calculate_1  |                                   | indexed-repeat(${value}, ${repeat_name}, 1) |                 |
| calculate    | calculate_2  |                                   | indexed-repeat(${value}, ${repeat_name}, 2) |                 |
| calculate    | calculate_3  |                                   | indexed-repeat(${value}, ${repeat_name}, 3) |                 |
3 Likes

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your response. I am wondering how do I manage if the number of repeats is not defined. For instance: a user may select 3 repeats other may select 5 repeats.

Thanks once again,
Imran

1 Like

You can use the sum function to sum all the values with a given name in a repeat. See an example based on what you shared here.

6 Likes

Hi Hélène,

Thanks so much. This is so helpful.

Imran

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Calculation depending on previous selection

Hi,
Did you ever figure out how to store variables to calculate dynamically based on the number of count?

THank you

Thank You so much

this is very helpful

Albert

2 Likes

very helpful thanx

it helps me a lot