Calculating the two most common reasons for

Hi,

I'm designing a form where I ask why a child was not vaccinated. It's a
multiple select question, and it's got a number of options.

Why was the child not vaccinated?
A. ----------------
B. ----------------
C. ----------------
D. ----------------
etc.

Now, I would like to *calculate *the 2 most common reasons... is this
possible using the current functions? I was thinking that I could count
each of the options and use the max function to maybe calculate it... but
is there a more efficient way to do this?

Thanks.

David

There are two ways of thinking about "most common reasons":

• within a device: so you would take out data that have been accumulated
    so far
  • from all devices in the survey

Which one do you have in mind?
Trung.

··· On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:25:29 PM UTC+7, David Oh wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm designing a form where I ask why a child was not vaccinated. It's a > multiple select question, and it's got a number of options. > > Why was the child not vaccinated? > A. ---------------- > B. ---------------- > C. ---------------- > D. ---------------- > etc. > > Now, I would like to *calculate *the 2 most common reasons... is this > possible using the current functions? I was thinking that I could count > each of the options and use the max function to maybe calculate it... but > is there a more efficient way to do this? > > Thanks. > > David >

Hi Trung,

Thanks for your response.

So I didn't explain myself well enough in the previous post, but we are
going to various communities and asking them this and other questions. For
each community, we will submit a form, and the aggregation will have to be
done at the central level. But for the purposes of the two most common
reasons, we are thinking for that specific community, so for that specific
form. It's not even for the device, since the device can submit multiple
forms for multiple communities; but for each specific communities, we want
to find out the most common reason.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

··· On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 6:11:29 PM UTC+1, Trung wrote: > > There are two ways of thinking about "most common reasons": > > - within a device: so you would take out data that have been > accumulated so far > - from all devices in the survey > > Which one do you have in mind? > Trung. > > On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:25:29 PM UTC+7, David Oh wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> I'm designing a form where I ask why a child was not vaccinated. It's a >> multiple select question, and it's got a number of options. >> >> Why was the child not vaccinated? >> A. ---------------- >> B. ---------------- >> C. ---------------- >> D. ---------------- >> etc. >> >> Now, I would like to *calculate *the 2 most common reasons... is this >> possible using the current functions? I was thinking that I could count >> each of the options and use the max function to maybe calculate it... but >> is there a more efficient way to do this? >> >> Thanks. >> >> David >> >