Can't download blank form to tablet or submit data -- ODKAggregate with restored MySQL db

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
We had a problem with our windows server and had to roll back to an earlier OS backup.
We took a backup of the MySQL database for ODKAggregate from the problem windows server.
We restored database backup on the "new" rolled back windows server.
We did some data updates in _registered_users and related tables to get it running.
In ODKAggregate, we can see the list of forms in Aggregate and we can see submission data.

When I try to connect using ODK collect (v1.21.2), I get a correct list of forms, but when I try to download a blank form, I'm getting errors: "The server failed to respond with a valid HTTP response."
Other tablet: When I try to connect using ODK collect (v1.28.2), I get the correct list of forms, but when I try to download a blank form, I'm getting errors: "Download Results....-Failure"
A colleague (not sure of ODK collect version), correct list of forms, but when I try to download a blank form, errors: "Download Results....- Unexpected status line: Copying media files failed"

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Old version (retired):
ODKAggregate 1.4.13
Tomcat 7 on a Windows 2012 server
MySQL 5.6:

New version (active):
ODKAggregate 2.0.5
Tomcat 7 on a Windows 2012 server
MySQL 5.6

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I tried looking at some of the form configuration tables to see if references were missing or if there might be duplicate data.
_form_info
_form_info_submission_association
_form_info_manifest_bin (i'm still looking at this. I can see the media files listed here)
_form_info_xform_bin

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I can provide this. I'm not sure what would be helpful.

This seems to be resolved.

It looks like this was a problem related to the domain name, port configuration and SSL. We are using our own port configuration. We made a correction to the aggregate .war, redeployed the .war file, and it now seems to be fine.

1 Like

Glad to hear you're back up and running and thanks so much for the update.

1 Like