Capacities of odk

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi Every one !
I have designed two forms to collect elections results un m'y country. I have to collect data from about twenty thousand (20 000) vote offices. Van I get tips ans recommendations from you? What are best practices about Thann kind of operations?

Do you have any specific questions?

You might take a look through the Showcase category. The following is a post that might interest you:

Thanks you for your anwers. M'y case is specific. I would like to collect the results of the entire vote offices, which are about 20 000. There are two elections that have been coupled. Therefore I have to collect about 40 000 results with two different forms. So i Ask question if odk server Can support this Big quantity of data. If yes, what tips Can you give to fulfill m'y mission.

I don't have problems. I only want to have tips because, I have been charged to organize the collect the results of all vote offices which are about 40 000. I have already designed two forms for data collection. So I have to subscribe to a server hosting. I need good advices to fulfill my mission.y

Aggregate can certainly handle that many submissions. There a few known limitations that are unlikely to affect you, but are worth reviewing. Are you planning to self-host? As noted in the docs, using Digital Ocean is recommended. If you want to hire help, there are a list of people and organizations listed on the providers page of the ODK website.

Without seeing your forms, we can't guess if there might be any issues with the survey design. I would definitely suggest that you test your form many times with different users. This testing will hopefully catch any possible mistakes or bugs in the form design. You may also want to develop additional guidance documentation to help explain the process to the people filling out the forms. Something like a 1 or 2 page summary or checklist or tips document.

Testing your form will also give you some demo data that you can use to test your data analysis plan. It would be good to plan how you will analyze the data before you deploy your form. Things like groups, repeats, and other form design decisions can may it easier or harder to conduct your analysis.

2 Likes

Hi Joseph!
I'am very satisfy with your tips, thanks you very Much. I'll do my best take account your tips.
Sincerely.

Joseph I will appreciate your help for m'y analysis plan. If possible I will sens you my two forms for appréciation.

Sure, I could take a brief look and see if I have any quick comments.