Cascading select + 'other'

Hello ODKers, that's my second question in one day, sorry about that, but I
need to have my survey working as soon as possible.

Is there a way to have an option "other" in this case, for example:

type name label choice_filter
select_one states state state
select_one counties county county state=${state}
select_one cities city city state=${state} and county=${county}

In this case, it's supposed to have options that match the "county" and the
"state", however, in the final question (City), is there a way to add an
option 'other'?

Thank you!

Regards,
Gustavo

I will try to give a better example:

Supposing that I chose the USA, then FLORIDA, however, there is a list of
cities, but my city is not on the list. Is there a way to show the option
"other" within the other cities from USA->FLORIDA?

··· Em sábado, 25 de junho de 2016 00:49:25 UTC-3, Gustavo Zanfra Paitch escreveu: > > Hello ODKers, that's my second question in one day, sorry about that, but > I need to have my survey working as soon as possible. > > Is there a way to have an option "other" in this case, for example: > > type name label choice_filter > select_one states state state > select_one counties county county state=${state} > select_one cities city city state=${state} and county=${county} > > In this case, it's supposed to have options that match the "county" and > the "state", however, in the final question (City), is there a way to add > an option 'other'? > > Thank you! > > Regards, > Gustavo >

Yes, I have done that by giving the choice 'other' and assigning a state
label of 0 then choice filer is state=${state} or state = 0. Then other
is always available regardless of the selected state.

Also, I use different names for the state label on the choices sheet and
the name in the survey sheet - state is the label and *selected_state *is
the name so my actual choice filer is (state = 0) or (state =
${selected_state})
. I may have been wrong, but I thought that resolved a
problem and it is probably good practice anyway

Steve

··· On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 11:40:44 PM UTC+3, Gustavo Zanfra Paitch wrote: > > I will try to give a better example: > > Supposing that I chose the USA, then FLORIDA, however, there is a list of > cities, but my city is not on the list. Is there a way to show the option > "other" within the other cities from USA->FLORIDA? > > Em sábado, 25 de junho de 2016 00:49:25 UTC-3, Gustavo Zanfra Paitch escreveu: >> >> Hello ODKers, that's my second question in one day, sorry about that, but >> I need to have my survey working as soon as possible. >> >> Is there a way to have an option "other" in this case, for example: >> >> type name label choice_filter >> select_one states state state >> select_one counties county county state=${state} >> select_one cities city city state=${state} and county=${county} >> >> In this case, it's supposed to have options that match the "county" and >> the "state", however, in the final question (City), is there a way to add >> an option 'other'? >> >> Thank you! >> >> Regards, >> Gustavo >> >