Changing background colour when complete question (or section)

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
We would like to change the background colour of a question when that question is completed. I cannot find this on the forum, although this thread says it is straightforward to do

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

ODK collect on Galaxy Tab A runing android.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Looked on forum to see

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Ideally, we would also like to have a section of our form go green when it is completed.
Ideally, we would also like to have a section of the form to go amber whilst being used (if possible)

Thank you so much
Kindest regards

Hi @jpiper,

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!.

If your question is more specifically on KoboToolbox, please check out their community instead

For this, the responce is ODK collect does not have that kind of formatting automatically. With the implemented features to check the responce ie constrains / relevance / require, already ensure that form is completed as designed. Check out the documentation to understand how they work and how you can use them.

hello, taking advantage of the question from the colleague above, would it be possible to change the background color of the form? I tried to use the tag <h:body style="background-color: #ff0000;"> in the .XML file but I was not successful, I think maybe there is another way.. I checked some questions about this in the forum but the date of the questions they are from 2013 and 2012, can you tell me if anything has changed about that from that year to here?

Hi @BrunoAngelo
It is not possible to set the background color. You can style:

• questions
  • hints
  • guidances
  • choices in select one/multiple questions
  • group labels

and nothing else.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply