Changing default response to Spanish and line break

Hi Guys,

I have a survey that is in Spanish so when the enumerator tries to
skip a question, the pop up messages shows "Sorry, this response is
required." Is it possible to make this response in Spanish?

Also,
does ODK allow line breaks? like
in HTML.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

sanjeev,

the text for the required response (just like the button text and the
menu text) is in the collect code, so that localization will have to
take place in /res/values.

it may be easier to use a regex for the constraint, and then customize
the constraint message in the form to whatever language you want. this
should work file in all versions of collect. collect 1.1.7 release
will also support multi-lingual constraint messages.

yaw

··· On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 09:16, Sanjeev Swamy wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a survey that is in Spanish so when the enumerator tries to > skip a question, the pop up messages shows "Sorry, this response is > required." Is it possible to make this response in Spanish? > > Also, > does ODK allow line breaks? like
in HTML. > > Thanks, > > Sanjeev > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi,

Did you ever find out if ODK allows line breaks? I am designing my form in
excel

Thanks

··· On Friday, October 7, 2011 6:16:12 PM UTC+2, Sanjeev Swamy wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > I have a survey that is in Spanish so when the enumerator tries to > skip a question, the pop up messages shows "Sorry, this response is > required." Is it possible to make this response in Spanish? > > Also, > does ODK allow line breaks? like
in HTML. > > Thanks, > > Sanjeev

Great! Thanks for the tip, Yaw

-Sanjeev

··· On Oct 7, 6:46 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > sanjeev, > > the text for the required response (just like the button text and the > menu text) is in the collect code, so that localization will have to > take place in /res/values.http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html > > it may be easier to use a regex for the constraint, and then customize > the constraint message in the form to whatever language you want. this > should work file in all versions of collect. collect 1.1.7 release > will also support multi-lingual constraint messages. > > yaw > > > > > > > > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 09:16, Sanjeev Swamy wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > > I have a survey that is in Spanish so when the enumerator tries to > > skip a question, the pop up messages shows "Sorry, this response is > > required." Is it possible to make this response in Spanish? > > > Also, > > does ODK allow line breaks? like
in HTML. > > > Thanks, > > > Sanjeev > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

In excel you can add line breaks using alt+enter (it may be ctrl+enter in
other spreadsheet software). In the xform line breaks are just line breaks
in the text itself.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:52:27 PM UTC-7, Imobi wrote: > > Hi, > > Did you ever find out if ODK allows line breaks? I am designing my form in > excel > > Thanks > > On Friday, October 7, 2011 6:16:12 PM UTC+2, Sanjeev Swamy wrote: >> >> Hi Guys, >> >> I have a survey that is in Spanish so when the enumerator tries to >> skip a question, the pop up messages shows "Sorry, this response is >> required." Is it possible to make this response in Spanish? >> >> Also, >> does ODK allow line breaks? like
in HTML. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Sanjeev > >