change the fonts, background colors of the body and header and change the
Fling page mechanism into a button action event. Is there a master file
where I can change the style of all the widgets? How can I change the fling
action into transitioning to the next page by a button in the upper right
hand corner?

There are settings to enable buttons on the General Settings page (via the
menu button on the home screen). You can hide or show buttons and screens
via the Admin Settings page.

Customizing the look and feel requires recompiling the source code.

The newer tools, ODK Tables and ODK Survey, both in alpha, render their
pages in HTML, enabling full customization via CSS and customized templates.

If you want customization, you might want to investigate those tools (they
are still in alpha, but depending upon your timeframe, they might work
better than modifying ODK Collect).

··· On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Jn Fang wrote:

I'm new to ODK and working on changing the UI of ODK collect. I want to
change the fonts, background colors of the body and header and change the
Fling page mechanism into a button action event. Is there a master file
where I can change the style of all the widgets? How can I change the fling
action into transitioning to the next page by a button in the upper right
hand corner?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch. I have cloned ODK Collect's source code and was looking to modify it to create a prototype of an Android app separate from ODK Collect.

I will take a look at ODK Table and ODK Survey but I am not sure the HTML rendering will suit my project.

What files will I need to modify to

1. change the fling gesture into a button permanently
  2. redesign the UI and add different headers, landing view, etc.

JN

··· On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:32:20 PM UTC+5:30, Mitch wrote: > There are settings to enable buttons on the General Settings page (via the menu button on the home screen). You can hide or show buttons and screens via the Admin Settings page. > > Customizing the look and feel requires recompiling the source code. > > > The newer tools, ODK Tables and ODK Survey, both in alpha, render their pages in HTML, enabling full customization via CSS and customized templates. > > If you want customization, you might want to investigate those tools (they are still in alpha, but depending upon your timeframe, they might work better than modifying ODK Collect). > > > > > > > > > On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Jn Fang wrote: > > > I'm new to ODK and working on changing the UI of ODK collect. I want to change the fonts, background colors of the body and header and change the Fling page mechanism into a button action event. Is there a master file where I can change the style of all the widgets? How can I change the fling action into transitioning to the next page by a button in the upper right hand corner? > > > > > > > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com
  1. Start by looking at everywhere there is
    PreferencesActivity.KEY_NAVIGATION. For example:
    https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/source/browse/src/org/odk/collect/android/activities/FormEntryActivity.java?repo=collect#992

2. Look at the widgets code.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? Go to http://nafundi.com for form design, data cleaning, custom reporting, and software development for ODK.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM, jfang@college.harvard.edu wrote:

Thanks Mitch. I have cloned ODK Collect's source code and was looking to modify it to create a prototype of an Android app separate from ODK Collect.

I will take a look at ODK Table and ODK Survey but I am not sure the HTML rendering will suit my project.

What files will I need to modify to

1. change the fling gesture into a button permanently
  2. redesign the UI and add different headers, landing view, etc.

JN

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:32:20 PM UTC+5:30, Mitch wrote:

There are settings to enable buttons on the General Settings page (via the menu button on the home screen). You can hide or show buttons and screens via the Admin Settings page.

Customizing the look and feel requires recompiling the source code.

The newer tools, ODK Tables and ODK Survey, both in alpha, render their pages in HTML, enabling full customization via CSS and customized templates.

If you want customization, you might want to investigate those tools (they are still in alpha, but depending upon your timeframe, they might work better than modifying ODK Collect).

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Jn Fang j.fa...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm new to ODK and working on changing the UI of ODK collect. I want to change the fonts, background colors of the body and header and change the Fling page mechanism into a button action event. Is there a master file where I can change the style of all the widgets? How can I change the fling action into transitioning to the next page by a button in the upper right hand corner?

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.