Collect 1.1.7 configuration "cookbook"

Is there, for lack of a better word, a Collect "cookbook"? Something that
shows one how to configure collect to take advantage of the "optional
branding" capabilities.

Thanks,

-steve-

We need to update the documentation, but there are two things you can do for
optional branding:

  1. From the preferences menu you can select "show splash screen" and also
    select an image to display as the splash screen, which will pop up every
    time Collect loads.

  2. When creating a form, if you include an image file called
    "form_logo.png" in your [formname]-media directory, then that image will get
    used on the first page when the form loads in stead of the current image
    with the moving hands. We plan on making this more flexible in the future,
    but for now it's a quick fix.

-Carl

··· On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Steve Roberts wrote:

Is there, for lack of a better word, a Collect "cookbook"? Something that
shows one how to configure collect to take advantage of the "optional
branding" capabilities.

Thanks,

-steve-

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

I got (1) to work but am having trouble with (2). It turns out that my form
name is different from my form xml file name. (Not sure that makes any
difference) So anyway I changed my xml form file name to match the form name
and then created a form media directory to match and then put in a
form_logo.png file (copied the pidgeon png from Birds-Media) but still get
the moving hands. I tried renaming form_logo.png to my formname_logo.png
but that didn't make any difference. I must be missing something.

-steve-

··· On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Carl Hartung wrote:

We need to update the documentation, but there are two things you can do
for optional branding:

  1. From the preferences menu you can select "show splash screen" and also
    select an image to display as the splash screen, which will pop up every
    time Collect loads.

  2. When creating a form, if you include an image file called
    "form_logo.png" in your [formname]-media directory, then that image will get
    used on the first page when the form loads in stead of the current image
    with the moving hands. We plan on making this more flexible in the future,
    but for now it's a quick fix.

-Carl

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Steve Roberts steve@roberts.org wrote:

Is there, for lack of a better word, a Collect "cookbook"? Something that
shows one how to configure collect to take advantage of the "optional
branding" capabilities.

Thanks,

-steve-

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

I had a typo where collect was looking for the png. Should be fixed and
I've updated the download.

··· On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Steve Roberts wrote:

I got (1) to work but am having trouble with (2). It turns out that my
form name is different from my form xml file name. (Not sure that makes any
difference) So anyway I changed my xml form file name to match the form name
and then created a form media directory to match and then put in a
form_logo.png file (copied the pidgeon png from Birds-Media) but still get
the moving hands. I tried renaming form_logo.png to my formname_logo.png
but that didn't make any difference. I must be missing something.

-steve-

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Carl Hartung carlhartung@gmail.comwrote:

We need to update the documentation, but there are two things you can do
for optional branding:

  1. From the preferences menu you can select "show splash screen" and also
    select an image to display as the splash screen, which will pop up every
    time Collect loads.

  2. When creating a form, if you include an image file called
    "form_logo.png" in your [formname]-media directory, then that image will get
    used on the first page when the form loads in stead of the current image
    with the moving hands. We plan on making this more flexible in the future,
    but for now it's a quick fix.

-Carl

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Steve Roberts steve@roberts.orgwrote:

Is there, for lack of a better word, a Collect "cookbook"? Something that
shows one how to configure collect to take advantage of the "optional
branding" capabilities.

Thanks,

-steve-

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en