Conditional options in select list in Collect

Hello,

Is there any way that the options in select menu in Collect can be
determined on the basis of a prior response? Of course, I know about
using relevant for the conditional display of questions for entire
fields. However, each of those questions populates a separate field.
What I would like to do is change the options for entry in the same
destination field, depending on prior responses.

For example, I might want to have a multi select in which a list of
options is presented (such as "adopted technologies"). Then I might
want another multi-select that asks another question about the options
selected (such as "which of the adopted technologies were adopted on
the same plot"). Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Best,
David

david,

i'm not entirely clear what you are asking. can you give me a more
detailed example of what the questions and answers for the first
prompt and second prompt would be? and what you'd expect the output
instance (or spreadsheet) to look like?

yaw

··· On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 22:30, David wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any way that the options in select menu in Collect can be > determined on the basis of a prior response? Of course, I know about > using relevant for the conditional display of questions for entire > fields. However, each of those questions populates a separate field. > What I would like to do is change the options for entry in the same > destination field, depending on prior responses. > > For example, I might want to have a multi select in which a list of > options is presented (such as "adopted technologies"). Then I might > want another multi-select that asks another question about the options > selected (such as "which of the adopted technologies were adopted on > the same plot"). Is there any way to do this? > > Thanks! > > Best, > David > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Basically, I want to build a select list out of the responses from a
previous multi-select list. So, for example, question one has a long
list of choices, as a multi-select. Question 2 then asks another
binary question about the items chosen in question #1.

Can relevant be used for each item in the select list, so that the
list of options presented changes depending on the previous response?
Thanks.

Best,
David

··· On Apr 18, 7:30 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > david, > > i'm not entirely clear what you are asking. can you give me a more > detailed example of what the questions and answers for the first > prompt and second prompt would be? and what you'd expect the output > instance (or spreadsheet) to look like? > > yaw > > > > On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 22:30, David wrote: > > Hello, > > > Is there any way that the options in select menu in Collect can be > > determined on the basis of a prior response? Of course, I know about > > using relevant for the conditional display of questions for entire > > fields. However, each of those questions populates a separate field. > > What I would like to do is change the options for entry in the same > > destination field, depending on prior responses. > > > For example, I might want to have a multi select in which a list of > > options is presented (such as "adopted technologies"). Then I might > > want another multi-select that asks another question about the options > > selected (such as "which of the adopted technologies were adopted on > > the same plot"). Is there any way to do this? > > > Thanks! > > > Best, > > David > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

dynamic itemsets like you describe are on the roadmap, but no eta.

··· On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 18:48, David wrote: > Basically, I want to build a select list out of the responses from a > previous multi-select list. So, for example, question one has a long > list of choices, as a multi-select. Question 2 then asks another > binary question about the items chosen in question #1. > > Can relevant be used for each item in the select list, so that the > list of options presented changes depending on the previous response? > Thanks. > > Best, > David > > On Apr 18, 7:30 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> david, >> >> i'm not entirely clear what you are asking. can you give me a more >> detailed example of what the questions and answers for the first >> prompt and second prompt would be? and what you'd expect the output >> instance (or spreadsheet) to look like? >> >> yaw >> >> >> >> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 22:30, David wrote: >> > Hello, >> >> > Is there any way that the options in select menu in Collect can be >> > determined on the basis of a prior response? Of course, I know about >> > using relevant for the conditional display of questions for entire >> > fields. However, each of those questions populates a separate field. >> > What I would like to do is change the options for entry in the same >> > destination field, depending on prior responses. >> >> > For example, I might want to have a multi select in which a list of >> > options is presented (such as "adopted technologies"). Then I might >> > want another multi-select that asks another question about the options >> > selected (such as "which of the adopted technologies were adopted on >> > the same plot"). Is there any way to do this? >> >> > Thanks! >> >> > Best, >> > David >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en- Hide quoted text - >> >> - Show quoted text - > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

@yanokwa @yanokwa is this possible currently? Just to wake the sleeping giant :slight_smile:

This is not an easy thing to add. It's being worked on and https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/378 has the current status.