I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we
will have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be
synchronized with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The
template for collecting the inspection data needs to be downloaded from
the server and the filled inspection data needs to be uploaded to the
server in near real-time. Each form for data collection will have of the
order of 50 to 100 parameters to be measured and each parameter will
have 8 to 20 measurements to be taken and logged. Server side components
will take care of further processing and report generation.

We want to use MySQL as backend. Can some one provide help to configure
Aggregate on MySQL? We want to familiarize ourselves on the intricacies
before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms
like MySQL is available.

Thanks.

Balaji

I am not sure exactly what your question is. Aggregate is simply the
repository for storing the XForm and the submissions of filled out
XForm instances. Open Data Kit tools utilize JavaRosa XForms. The
"parameters" you mention I assume are data items you wish to collect
which means you will specify an XForm to collect the data.

Are you asking about XForms or something else?

··· On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dr.S.Balaji wrote: > Hi All, > I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we will > have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be synchronized > with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The template for collecting > the inspection data needs to be downloaded from the server and the filled > inspection data needs to be uploaded to the server in near real-time. Each > form for data collection will have of the order of 50 to 100 parameters to > be measured and each parameter will have 8 to 20 measurements to be taken > and logged. Server side components will take care of further processing and > report generation. > > We want to use MySQL as backend. Can some one provide help to configure > Aggregate on MySQL? We want to familiarize ourselves on the intricacies > before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms like > MySQL is available. > > Thanks. > > Balaji > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Dr.S.Balaji,

I also faced same problem . Do you have any tutorial to configure and run odk aggregate using mysql and eclipse

Let me clarify a little bit. I am not sure what you meant by
configure, as there are installer scripts that take care of setting up
the instance. In the separate email I sent I explained how to get a
non-released version.

I took your configure to mean the "parameters" you are talking about
as you mentioned based on your previous email (that was not on this
thread, included below for completeness). By parameters do you mean
data to be collected/stored/processed? I think what you are asking is
how to setup the repository to store information. Aggregate
configures it's storage based on the XForm you provide. ODK tools are
designed to automatically work around the XForm provided.

Basically by designing your xform you will configure Aggregate with
appropriate types, size constraints, etc.

Cheers,
Waylon

··· >Hi, >Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the release of the new version of Aggregate.

One more clarification I need is whether ODK Collect and the related tools can be used for collect data where the forms are quite complex with many values to >be specified for each parameter and a form containing multiple such parameters. All discussions and samples that I saw were on taking surveys and the kind of >stuff in which case we have limited data to be collected. Can you please clarify on this?

My plan is to use ODK in quality inspections in the filed. Typically, we take 10 to 20 measurements depending on the parameter type and multiple such >parameters (of the order of 50 to 100 which can be scrolled) exist in each form. Your advice on this please.

Thanks.
Balaji

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM, W. Brunette wbrunette@gmail.com wrote:

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dr.S.Balaji drsbalaji@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,
I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we will
have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be synchronized
with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The template for collecting
the inspection data needs to be downloaded from the server and the filled
inspection data needs to be uploaded to the server in near real-time. Each
form for data collection will have of the order of 50 to 100 parameters to
be measured and each parameter will have 8 to 20 measurements to be taken
and logged. Server side components will take care of further processing and
report generation.

before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms like
MySQL is available.

Thanks.

Balaji

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi,

I think the thread you are referring to
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendatakit/v_DWCBvyF1k) is
pretty old.

Try following the instructions at
https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/source/browse/CONFIGURE.txt?repo=aggregate
and let us know what step doesn't work for you.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM, muzahid@mpower-health.com wrote:

Dr.S.Balaji,

I also faced same problem . Do you have any tutorial to configure and run odk aggregate using mysql and eclipse

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Waylon,
My understanding is that Aggregate requires Google's App Engine or the
like. In stead of using App Engine I would like to use MySQL. Will that
be possible?
Thanks.
Balaji

··· On 08/11/10 4:23 AM, W. Brunette wrote: > Let me clarify a little bit. I am not sure what you meant by > configure, as there are installer scripts that take care of setting up > the instance. In the separate email I sent I explained how to get a > non-released version. > > I took your configure to mean the "parameters" you are talking about > as you mentioned based on your previous email (that was not on this > thread, included below for completeness). By parameters do you mean > data to be collected/stored/processed? I think what you are asking is > how to setup the repository to store information. Aggregate > configures it's storage based on the XForm you provide. ODK tools are > designed to automatically work around the XForm provided. > > Basically by designing your xform you will configure Aggregate with > appropriate types, size constraints, etc. > > Cheers, > Waylon > > >> Hi, >> Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the release of the new version of Aggregate. >> > >> One more clarification I need is whether ODK Collect and the related tools can be used for collect data where the forms are quite complex with many values to>be specified for each parameter and a form containing multiple such parameters. All discussions and samples that I saw were on taking surveys and the kind of>stuff in which case we have limited data to be collected. Can you please clarify on this? >> > >> My plan is to use ODK in quality inspections in the filed. Typically, we take 10 to 20 measurements depending on the parameter type and multiple such>parameters (of the order of 50 to 100 which can be scrolled) exist in each form. Your advice on this please. >> > >> Thanks. >> Balaji >> > > On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM, W. Brunette wrote: > >> I am not sure exactly what your question is. Aggregate is simply the >> repository for storing the XForm and the submissions of filled out >> XForm instances. Open Data Kit tools utilize JavaRosa XForms. The >> "parameters" you mention I assume are data items you wish to collect >> which means you will specify an XForm to collect the data. >> >> Are you asking about XForms or something else? >> >> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dr.S.Balaji wrote: >> >>> Hi All, >>> I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we will >>> have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be synchronized >>> with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The template for collecting >>> the inspection data needs to be downloaded from the server and the filled >>> inspection data needs to be uploaded to the server in near real-time. Each >>> form for data collection will have of the order of 50 to 100 parameters to >>> be measured and each parameter will have 8 to 20 measurements to be taken >>> and logged. Server side components will take care of further processing and >>> report generation. >>> >>> We want to use MySQL as backend. Can some one provide help to configure >>> Aggregate on MySQL? We want to familiarize ourselves on the intricacies >>> before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms like >>> MySQL is available. >>> >>> Thanks. >>> >>> Balaji >>> >>> -- >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> >>

Hi Yaw Anokwa,

Thanks for your quick response. Now I just tried to follow SETUP.txt in eclipse-aggregate-gae. BUT , I failed to understand bellow point:

(3) Run the ODK Aggregate installer to generate a MySQL-based local server.
Specify all the parameters, and get the server running on port 8080, with a database configured and working.

Please help me.

Thanks in advace

··· On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:38:15 AM UTC+6, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > Hi, > > > > I think the thread you are referring to > > (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendatakit/v_DWCBvyF1k) is > > pretty old. > > > > Try following the instructions at > > https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/source/browse/CONFIGURE.txt?repo=aggregate > > and let us know what step doesn't work for you. > > > > Yaw > > -- > > Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server > > setup, professional support, and software development for ODK. > > > > On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM, wrote: > > > Dr.S.Balaji, > > > > > > I also faced same problem . Do you have any tutorial to configure and run odk aggregate using mysql and eclipse > > > > > > -- > > > -- > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > --- > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Yes we are supporting MySQL this will be part of the Aggregate version
1.0 and higher. There has been no installer made for Aggregate 1.0
which means it has not been released to the public yet as we have make
the significant changes to Aggregate and we want to make sure its
stable. We are making a lot of non backwards compatible changes that
prevent upgrades so we are taking time to get things right.

A public release is coming and you said you wanted to wait for that
"I will wait for the release of the new version of Aggregate".

My apologies I thought you were clear that the new version of
Aggregate will support MySQL. In the previous email you asked about
the version that was used in our ODK paper. This prototype version is
unsupported. If you want to use the unsupported version that is
available please follow the instructions in the email that I sent you
to get a copy.

Cheers,
Waylon

··· On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Dr.S.Balaji wrote: > Waylon, > My understanding is that Aggregate requires Google's App Engine or the like. > In stead of using App Engine I would like to use MySQL. Will that be > possible? > Thanks. > Balaji > > > On 08/11/10 4:23 AM, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> Let me clarify a little bit. I am not sure what you meant by >> configure, as there are installer scripts that take care of setting up >> the instance. In the separate email I sent I explained how to get a >> non-released version. >> >> I took your configure to mean the "parameters" you are talking about >> as you mentioned based on your previous email (that was not on this >> thread, included below for completeness). By parameters do you mean >> data to be collected/stored/processed? I think what you are asking is >> how to setup the repository to store information. Aggregate >> configures it's storage based on the XForm you provide. ODK tools are >> designed to automatically work around the XForm provided. >> >> Basically by designing your xform you will configure Aggregate with >> appropriate types, size constraints, etc. >> >> Cheers, >> Waylon >> >> >>> >>> Hi, >>> Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the release of the new >>> version of Aggregate. >>> >> >> >>> >>> One more clarification I need is whether ODK Collect and the related >>> tools can be used for collect data where the forms are quite complex with >>> many values to>be specified for each parameter and a form containing >>> multiple such parameters. All discussions and samples that I saw were on >>> taking surveys and the kind of>stuff in which case we have limited data to >>> be collected. Can you please clarify on this? >>> >> >> >>> >>> My plan is to use ODK in quality inspections in the filed. Typically, we >>> take 10 to 20 measurements depending on the parameter type and multiple >>> such>parameters (of the order of 50 to 100 which can be scrolled) exist in >>> each form. Your advice on this please. >>> >> >> >>> >>> Thanks. >>> Balaji >>> >> >> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM, W. Brunette wrote: >> >>> >>> I am not sure exactly what your question is. Aggregate is simply the >>> repository for storing the XForm and the submissions of filled out >>> XForm instances. Open Data Kit tools utilize JavaRosa XForms. The >>> "parameters" you mention I assume are data items you wish to collect >>> which means you will specify an XForm to collect the data. >>> >>> Are you asking about XForms or something else? >>> >>> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dr.S.Balaji wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> Hi All, >>>> I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we >>>> will >>>> have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be >>>> synchronized >>>> with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The template for >>>> collecting >>>> the inspection data needs to be downloaded from the server and the >>>> filled >>>> inspection data needs to be uploaded to the server in near real-time. >>>> Each >>>> form for data collection will have of the order of 50 to 100 parameters >>>> to >>>> be measured and each parameter will have 8 to 20 measurements to be >>>> taken >>>> and logged. Server side components will take care of further processing >>>> and >>>> report generation. >>>> >>>> We want to use MySQL as backend. Can some one provide help to configure >>>> Aggregate on MySQL? We want to familiarize ourselves on the intricacies >>>> before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms >>>> like >>>> MySQL is available. >>>> >>>> Thanks. >>>> >>>> Balaji >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >

I think that can only be possible if u customize the source code

··· On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Dr.S.Balaji wrote:

Waylon,
My understanding is that Aggregate requires Google's App Engine or the
like. In stead of using App Engine I would like to use MySQL. Will that be
possible?
Thanks.
Balaji

On 08/11/10 4:23 AM, W. Brunette wrote:

Let me clarify a little bit. I am not sure what you meant by
configure, as there are installer scripts that take care of setting up
the instance. In the separate email I sent I explained how to get a
non-released version.

I took your configure to mean the "parameters" you are talking about
as you mentioned based on your previous email (that was not on this
thread, included below for completeness). By parameters do you mean
data to be collected/stored/processed? I think what you are asking is
how to setup the repository to store information. Aggregate
configures it's storage based on the XForm you provide. ODK tools are
designed to automatically work around the XForm provided.

Basically by designing your xform you will configure Aggregate with
appropriate types, size constraints, etc.

Cheers,
Waylon

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for the release of the new
version of Aggregate.

One more clarification I need is whether ODK Collect and the related
tools can be used for collect data where the forms are quite complex with
many values to>be specified for each parameter and a form containing
multiple such parameters. All discussions and samples that I saw were on
taking surveys and the kind of>stuff in which case we have limited data to
be collected. Can you please clarify on this?

My plan is to use ODK in quality inspections in the filed. Typically, we
take 10 to 20 measurements depending on the parameter type and multiple
such>parameters (of the order of 50 to 100 which can be scrolled) exist in
each form. Your advice on this please.

Thanks.
Balaji

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM, W. Brunettewbrunette@gmail.com wrote:

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Dr.S.Balajidrsbalaji@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,
I am planning to use ODK for quality inspections in the filed where we
will
have Android tablets used for inspections and the data will be
synchronized
with the server through wired/wireless Internet. The template for
collecting
the inspection data needs to be downloaded from the server and the
filled
inspection data needs to be uploaded to the server in near real-time.
Each
form for data collection will have of the order of 50 to 100 parameters
to
be measured and each parameter will have 8 to 20 measurements to be
taken
and logged. Server side components will take care of further processing
and
report generation.

before a stable release of Aggregate that supports multiple platforms
MySQL is available.

Thanks.

Balaji

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.comopendatakit%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.comopendatakit%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com

If that doesn't make sense, you need to take a step back

Read http://opendatakit.org/use/aggregate/tomcat-install/ and setup a
Tomcat install backed by MySQL. Once you get that working, then try
setting up the dev environment.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:53 PM, muzahid@mpower-health.com wrote:

Hi Yaw Anokwa,

Thanks for your quick response. Now I just tried to follow SETUP.txt in eclipse-aggregate-gae. BUT , I failed to understand bellow point:

(3) Run the ODK Aggregate installer to generate a MySQL-based local server.
Specify all the parameters, and get the server running on port 8080, with a database configured and working.

Please help me.

Thanks in advace

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:38:15 AM UTC+6, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Hi,

I think the thread you are referring to

(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendatakit/v_DWCBvyF1k) is

pretty old.

Try following the instructions at

https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/source/browse/CONFIGURE.txt?repo=aggregate

and let us know what step doesn't work for you.

Yaw

--

Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server

setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM, muzahid@mpower-health.com wrote:

Dr.S.Balaji,

--

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--