Connecting to ODK Aggegate

Hello

Can anyone advise about the following? I'm a first time user of ODK trying to set up Tomcat, MySQL and Aggregate on a Windows 2012 server. I've got to the stage where I can enter the DNS name for the server going through port 80 and get the Tomcat "success" page but if I attempt to add the /ODKAggregate/ path it comes up with a HTTP Status 404 error. I've been following these instructions in the ODK Aggregate readme file after installation:

··· ------------------- 1.Execute the mysql (mysql.exe) commandline client using the root account and password (the password you chose during the installation of the database), and supply the create_db_and_user.sql to it. To open the mysql commandline client, open a cmd window (Windows), terminal window (MacOS) or term window (Linux) and 'cd' to the directory containing the mysql client (mysql.exe on Windows). Then, please type: mysql --user root --password

And enter the MySQL server root password. You will then be within the mysql commandline client. You should see a 'mysql>' prompt. Type: source C:/Program Files/ODK Aggregate/ODK Aggregate/create_db_and_user.sql
exit

Here is what this looks like on Windows, with what you must type in red: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>cd "\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysql.exe --user root --password
Enter password: *******
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 13
Server version: 5.1.47-community MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> source C:/Program Files/ODK Aggregate/ODK Aggregate/create_db_and_user.sql
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> exit
Bye

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>

1. copy the ODKAggregate.war to the \webapps directory of the Apache Tomcat installation.
  2. start Apache (if not already started)
  3. visit http://Haiodk.ncl.ac.uk/ODKAggregate/ Log in using the super-user's Aggregate username with password aggregate/ if you have not previously changed its password and go to the Site Admin / Permissions tab to change that password and to complete configuring the access rights for ODK Aggregate. NOTE: It may take a few moments for the Apache Tomcat server to detect the ODKAggregate.war; if you get a 404 error, wait a few moments then refresh your browser.

Is there any other configuration required that I've missed?

Kind Regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

Read your Tomcat logs. What do they say?

Yaw

··· On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM, wrote: > Hello > > Can anyone advise about the following? I'm a first time user of ODK trying to set up Tomcat, MySQL and Aggregate on a Windows 2012 server. I've got to the stage where I can enter the DNS name for the server going through port 80 and get the Tomcat "success" page but if I attempt to add the /ODKAggregate/ path it comes up with a HTTP Status 404 error. I've been following these instructions in the ODK Aggregate readme file after installation: > > ------------------- > 1.Execute the mysql (mysql.exe) commandline client using the root account and password (the password you chose during the installation of the database), and supply the create_db_and_user.sql to it. > To open the mysql commandline client, open a cmd window (Windows), terminal window (MacOS) or term window (Linux) and 'cd' to the directory containing the mysql client (mysql.exe on Windows). Then, please type: mysql --user root --password > > And enter the MySQL server root password. You will then be within the mysql commandline client. You should see a 'mysql>' prompt. Type: source C:/Program Files/ODK Aggregate/ODK Aggregate/create_db_and_user.sql > exit > > Here is what this looks like on Windows, with what you must type in red: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] > Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > > C:\Windows\System32>cd "\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin" > > C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysql.exe --user root --password > Enter password: ******* > Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. > Your MySQL connection id is 13 > Server version: 5.1.47-community MySQL Community Server (GPL) > > Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. > This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, > and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license > > Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. > > mysql> source C:/Program Files/ODK Aggregate/ODK Aggregate/create_db_and_user.sql > Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec) > > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) > > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) > > Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) > > mysql> exit > Bye > > C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin> > > 2. copy the ODKAggregate.war to the \webapps directory of the Apache Tomcat installation. > 3. start Apache (if not already started) > 4. visit http://Haiodk.ncl.ac.uk/ODKAggregate/ Log in using the super-user's Aggregate username with password aggregate/ if you have not previously changed its password and go to the Site Admin / Permissions tab to change that password and to complete configuring the access rights for ODK Aggregate. NOTE: It may take a few moments for the Apache Tomcat server to detect the ODKAggregate.war; if you get a 404 error, wait a few moments then refresh your browser. > --------------- > > Is there any other configuration required that I've missed? > > Kind Regards > Mark > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.