Constraint for date/time

Hello, could anyone tell me whether or not it is possible to create a
constraint in XLSForms that uses variables from the current time?

For example:

• User inputs a number into an integer field, but if it is more than 2
    hours different from the current time, there is an input validation error.
  • User inputs a year into an integer field, but if it is more than 10 years
    different from the current year (2017), there is an input validation error.

Thanks in advance!

This behavior is a little tricky, but here goes...

now() will give you a timestamp and you'll need to wrap it with once()
if you don't want the form to constantly re-evaluate it. Once you have that, you
can use format-date-time(${now_string}, '%H') to grab the hour and
format-date-time(${now_string}, '%Y') to grab the year. You then use
those in the constraints.

I've attached an example. If the behavior is not what you want, try
removing the once() part.

Yaw

datetime_constraint.xlsx (11 KB)

ยทยทยท On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:50 AM, wrote: > Hello, could anyone tell me whether or not it is possible to create a > constraint in XLSForms that uses variables from the current time? > > For example: > > - User inputs a number into an integer field, but if it is more than 2 hours > different from the current time, there is an input validation error. > - User inputs a year into an integer field, but if it is more than 10 years > different from the current year (2017), there is an input validation error. > > Thanks in advance! > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
1 Like