where on the net people are discussing these kinds of issues. Any
pointers?

Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation

Cheers!

Todd Huffman

HuffmanTM@gmail.com
Office: (765) 633-2691

··· ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Yaw Anokwa Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM Subject: Re: data collection using sstitch To: Todd Huffman

hey todd,

sorry build and aggregate are not working for you. i'm currently doing
fieldwork, so i'll be pretty slow on email. can you send a message to
opendatakit-implementers@googlegroups.com? the rest of my team can
address the issue there.

cheers,

yaw

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw

I'm trying to use ODK Collect for collecting data in Afghanistan
during the elections. I'm trying to use build.opendatakit.org/ to
make the survey, and 'afgelection.appspot.com/' to host / collect the
data.

I'm running into a world of problems... I keep getting exceptions
without useful feedback. Can I get you on chat for a quick bit of
help? I can't find where the solutions are in the help files.

I'm easiest to catch on gmail, oddboy@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Todd Huffman

HuffmanTM@gmail.com

Uncaught exception from servlet
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type ("") is not that of an entity
but needs to be for this operation
at
org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.assertEntity(EntityManagerImpl.java:867)
at
org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:385)
at
org.odk.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:161)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:713)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)
at
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:251)
at
com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6784)
at
com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6782)
at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24)
at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852)
at
com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56)
at
com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:576)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369)
at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442)
at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319)
at
com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290)
at
com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474)
at
com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831)
at
com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207)
at
com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103)
at
com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:418)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

todd,

great chatting. below are the links you requested.

http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKVoice has some
information about voice. it also has a demo for you to try it out. if
you are interested in rolling it out, just let me know.

tasks is not as ready as voice. the code sits in

http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/source/browse/#svn/branches/uw/tasks-framework.
it's an android/app-engine application. your dev might want to check
out the code and take a look to see if it's along the lines of what he
wants. tasks are something that we want to start hammering on again.
glad to discuss with your dev what his ideas would be.

yaw

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 16:38, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw

Thanks for chatting, I'd love to get more info on where you're going
with ODK re: voice and tasking. I have some potential opportunities
to use them in Haiti and Afghanistan.

More soon,

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

206-484-2853. if i don't pick up it's cause i'm in transit. i'll call
back...

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:49, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Sure, what's your phone number? I'll give you a call in a couple
hours,

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

pretty much all of them. can you give me a quick description of em?
maybe we can do this over the phone if that is easier?

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:41, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Yaw

I'm not doing the sStitch project anymore, that was an iPhone based
application and I gave up on the iPhone. I am involved in a number
of
mobile applications in developing countries which might be of
interest
to you. What are you interested in?

Cheers!

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

todd,

i'm one of the lead developers on open data kit
(http://opendatakit.org) a project that does data collection in
developing regions. i heard about sstitch and wanted to find out
more,
but http://www.sstitch.com/ seems down. do you have any information
about the project you can share?

yaw

My guess is the problem is that your form has spaces in the "Data
Name" or some other illegal characters. Have you tried to use ODK
validate to verify your form is somewhat valid? Also what version of
Aggregate are you using?

We have an issue filed to add validation to build but it's not done
yet. http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=109

Cheers,
Waylon

··· On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Todd Huffman wrote: > Hi ODKers > > I'm trying to use ODK Collect in the upcoming Afghan elections, and am > having a lot of trouble with the Build application. Is anyone > available to help work through it? > > Specifically when I go to upload the survey to the server I'm using > 'afgelection.appspot.com/' I get the following error. I can't find > where on the net people are discussing these kinds of issues. Any > pointers? > > Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: > Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation > > Cheers! > > Todd Huffman > > HuffmanTM@gmail.com > Office: (765) 633-2691 > > > > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Yaw Anokwa > Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM > Subject: Re: data collection using sstitch > To: Todd Huffman > > > hey todd, > > sorry build and aggregate are not working for you. i'm currently doing > fieldwork, so i'll be pretty slow on email. can you send a message to > opendatakit-implementers@googlegroups.com? the rest of my team can > address the issue there. > > cheers, > > yaw > > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman wrote: >> Hi Yaw >> >> I'm trying to use ODK Collect for collecting data in Afghanistan >> during the elections. I'm trying to use build.opendatakit.org/ to >> make the survey, and 'afgelection.appspot.com/' to host / collect the >> data. >> >> I'm running into a world of problems... I keep getting exceptions >> without useful feedback. Can I get you on chat for a quick bit of >> help? I can't find where the solutions are in the help files. >> >> I'm easiest to catch on gmail, oddboy@gmail.com. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Todd Huffman >> >> HuffmanTM@gmail.com >> Office: (765) 633-2691 >> >> Uncaught exception from servlet >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type ("") is not that of an entity >> but needs to be for this operation >> at >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.assertEntity(EntityManagerImpl.java:867) >> at >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:385) >> at >> org.odk.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:161) >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:713) >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) >> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542) >> at >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76) >> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:251) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6784) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6782) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398) >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852) >> at >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56) >> at >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:576) >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807) >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290) >> at >> com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474) >> at >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831) >> at >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207) >> at >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103) >> at >> com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251) >> at >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:418) >> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) >> >> Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: >> Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>> todd, >>> >>> great chatting. below are the links you requested. >>> >>> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKVoice has some >>> information about voice. it also has a demo for you to try it out. if >>> you are interested in rolling it out, just let me know. >>> >>> tasks is not as ready as voice. the code sits in >>> >>> http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/source/browse/#svn/branches/uw/tasks-framework. >>> it's an android/app-engine application. your dev might want to check >>> out the code and take a look to see if it's along the lines of what he >>> wants. tasks are something that we want to start hammering on again. >>> glad to discuss with your dev what his ideas would be. >>> >>> yaw >>> >>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 16:38, Todd Huffman wrote: >>>> Hi Yaw >>>> >>>> Thanks for chatting, I'd love to get more info on where you're going >>>> with ODK re: voice and tasking. I have some potential opportunities >>>> to use them in Haiti and Afghanistan. >>>> >>>> More soon, >>>> >>>> Todd >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>>>> 206-484-2853. if i don't pick up it's cause i'm in transit. i'll call >>>>> back... >>>>> >>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:49, Todd Huffman wrote: >>>>>> Sure, what's your phone number? I'll give you a call in a couple >>>>>> hours, >>>>>> >>>>>> Todd >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>>>>>> pretty much all of them. can you give me a quick description of em? >>>>>>> maybe we can do this over the phone if that is easier? >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:41, Todd Huffman wrote: >>>>>>>> Hello Yaw >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I'm not doing the sStitch project anymore, that was an iPhone based >>>>>>>> application and I gave up on the iPhone. I am involved in a number >>>>>>>> of >>>>>>>> mobile applications in developing countries which might be of >>>>>>>> interest >>>>>>>> to you. What are you interested in? >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Cheers! >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Todd >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>>>>>>>> todd, >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> i'm one of the lead developers on open data kit >>>>>>>>> (http://opendatakit.org) a project that does data collection in >>>>>>>>> developing regions. i heard about sstitch and wanted to find out >>>>>>>>> more, >>>>>>>>> but http://www.sstitch.com/ seems down. do you have any information >>>>>>>>> about the project you can share? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> yaw >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>> >> >

Hi Todd,

If the form passes validate but still can't be uploaded, paste it on
dpaste.com and give us the link, and we can take a look at it. Or send it
directly to me as an attachment.

··· -- Mitch Sundt Software Engineer http://www.OpenDataKit.org University of Washington mitchellsundt@gmail.com

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM, W. Brunette wbrunette@gmail.com wrote:

My guess is the problem is that your form has spaces in the "Data
Name" or some other illegal characters. Have you tried to use ODK
validate to verify your form is somewhat valid? Also what version of
Aggregate are you using?

We have an issue filed to add validation to build but it's not done
yet. http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=109

Cheers,
Waylon

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi ODKers

I'm trying to use ODK Collect in the upcoming Afghan elections, and am
having a lot of trouble with the Build application. Is anyone
available to help work through it?

Specifically when I go to upload the survey to the server I'm using
'afgelection.appspot.com/' I get the following error. I can't find
where on the net people are discussing these kinds of issues. Any
pointers?

Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

Cheers!

Todd Huffman

HuffmanTM@gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: data collection using sstitch
To: Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com

hey todd,

sorry build and aggregate are not working for you. i'm currently doing
fieldwork, so i'll be pretty slow on email. can you send a message to
opendatakit-implementers@googlegroups.com? the rest of my team can
address the issue there.

cheers,

yaw

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw

I'm trying to use ODK Collect for collecting data in Afghanistan
during the elections. I'm trying to use build.opendatakit.org/ to
make the survey, and 'afgelection.appspot.com/' to host / collect the
data.

I'm running into a world of problems... I keep getting exceptions
without useful feedback. Can I get you on chat for a quick bit of
help? I can't find where the solutions are in the help files.

I'm easiest to catch on gmail, oddboy@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Todd Huffman

HuffmanTM@gmail.com

Uncaught exception from servlet
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type ("") is not that of an entity
but needs to be for this operation
at

org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.assertEntity(EntityManagerImpl.java:867)

at

org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:385)

at

org.odk.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:161)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:713)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
   at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)

at

com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97)

at

at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35)

at

at

com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)

at

at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at

org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238)

at

org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at

org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)

at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76)

at

org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)

at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135)

at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:251)

at

com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6784)

at

com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6782)

at

com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24)

at

com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852)
at

com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56)

at

com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:576)

at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807)
   at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369)
   at

com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442)

at

com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319)

at

com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290)

at

com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474)
at

com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831)

at

com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207)

at

com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103)
at

com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251)

at

com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:418)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

todd,

great chatting. below are the links you requested.

http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKVoice has some
information about voice. it also has a demo for you to try it out. if
you are interested in rolling it out, just let me know.

tasks is not as ready as voice. the code sits in

http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/source/browse/#svn/branches/uw/tasks-framework

it's an android/app-engine application. your dev might want to check
out the code and take a look to see if it's along the lines of what he
wants. tasks are something that we want to start hammering on again.
glad to discuss with your dev what his ideas would be.

yaw

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 16:38, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw

Thanks for chatting, I'd love to get more info on where you're going
with ODK re: voice and tasking. I have some potential opportunities
to use them in Haiti and Afghanistan.

More soon,

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

206-484-2853. if i don't pick up it's cause i'm in transit. i'll call
back...

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:49, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Sure, what's your phone number? I'll give you a call in a couple
hours,

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

pretty much all of them. can you give me a quick description of em?
maybe we can do this over the phone if that is easier?

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:41, Todd Huffman oddboy@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Yaw

I'm not doing the sStitch project anymore, that was an iPhone
based
application and I gave up on the iPhone. I am involved in a
number
of
mobile applications in developing countries which might be of
interest
to you. What are you interested in?

Cheers!

Todd

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

todd,

i'm one of the lead developers on open data kit
(http://opendatakit.org) a project that does data collection in
developing regions. i heard about sstitch and wanted to find out
more,
but http://www.sstitch.com/ seems down. do you have any
information
about the project you can share?

yaw

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
http://www.OpenDataKit.org
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

got this working and sent to todd.

forms need an unique id (xlmns). added an xlmns tag to the data
element solves that problem. you have to do this when you export the
xml file.

instances names should be only basic text and not have spaces,
semicolons, etc. so instead of "Arrival Time:" it should be
"ArrivalTime". ditto with checkbox/radio button values.

note that the labels attached to all these things can be whatever. so
you can have "Téam Awesome!" as the question text, but the data name
that it has to be more like "TeamName"

as waylon noted, all these are known bugs and we are working hard to
get those changes fixed and pushed to production. thanks for being
patient with us!

··· On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 18:39, Mitch Sundt wrote: > Hi Todd, > > If the form passes validate but still can't be uploaded, paste it on > dpaste.com and give us the link, and we can take a look at it. Or send it > directly to me as an attachment. > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > http://www.OpenDataKit.org > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com > > > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> My guess is the problem is that your form has spaces in the "Data >> Name" or some other illegal characters. Have you tried to use ODK >> validate to verify your form is somewhat valid? Also what version of >> Aggregate are you using? >> >> We have an issue filed to add validation to build but it's not done >> yet. http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=109 >> >> Cheers, >> Waylon >> >> >> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Todd Huffman wrote: >> > Hi ODKers >> > >> > I'm trying to use ODK Collect in the upcoming Afghan elections, and am >> > having a lot of trouble with the Build application. Is anyone >> > available to help work through it? >> > >> > Specifically when I go to upload the survey to the server I'm using >> > 'afgelection.appspot.com/' I get the following error. I can't find >> > where on the net people are discussing these kinds of issues. Any >> > pointers? >> > >> > Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: >> > Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation >> > >> > Cheers! >> > >> > Todd Huffman >> > >> > HuffmanTM@gmail.com >> > Office: (765) 633-2691 >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- >> > From: Yaw Anokwa >> > Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM >> > Subject: Re: data collection using sstitch >> > To: Todd Huffman >> > >> > >> > hey todd, >> > >> > sorry build and aggregate are not working for you. i'm currently doing >> > fieldwork, so i'll be pretty slow on email. can you send a message to >> > opendatakit-implementers@googlegroups.com? the rest of my team can >> > address the issue there. >> > >> > cheers, >> > >> > yaw >> > >> > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >> Hi Yaw >> >> >> >> I'm trying to use ODK Collect for collecting data in Afghanistan >> >> during the elections. I'm trying to use build.opendatakit.org/ to >> >> make the survey, and 'afgelection.appspot.com/' to host / collect the >> >> data. >> >> >> >> I'm running into a world of problems... I keep getting exceptions >> >> without useful feedback. Can I get you on chat for a quick bit of >> >> help? I can't find where the solutions are in the help files. >> >> >> >> I'm easiest to catch on gmail, oddboy@gmail.com. >> >> >> >> Thanks, >> >> >> >> Todd Huffman >> >> >> >> HuffmanTM@gmail.com >> >> Office: (765) 633-2691 >> >> >> >> Uncaught exception from servlet >> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type ("") is not that of an entity >> >> but needs to be for this operation >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.assertEntity(EntityManagerImpl.java:867) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:385) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.odk.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:161) >> >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:713) >> >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) >> >> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:251) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6784) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6782) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398) >> >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:576) >> >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:418) >> >> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) >> >> >> >> Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: >> >> Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>> todd, >> >>> >> >>> great chatting. below are the links you requested. >> >>> >> >>> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKVoice has some >> >>> information about voice. it also has a demo for you to try it out. if >> >>> you are interested in rolling it out, just let me know. >> >>> >> >>> tasks is not as ready as voice. the code sits in >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/source/browse/#svn/branches/uw/tasks-framework. >> >>> it's an android/app-engine application. your dev might want to check >> >>> out the code and take a look to see if it's along the lines of what he >> >>> wants. tasks are something that we want to start hammering on again. >> >>> glad to discuss with your dev what his ideas would be. >> >>> >> >>> yaw >> >>> >> >>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 16:38, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>> Hi Yaw >> >>>> >> >>>> Thanks for chatting, I'd love to get more info on where you're going >> >>>> with ODK re: voice and tasking. I have some potential opportunities >> >>>> to use them in Haiti and Afghanistan. >> >>>> >> >>>> More soon, >> >>>> >> >>>> Todd >> >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>> 206-484-2853. if i don't pick up it's cause i'm in transit. i'll >> >>>>> call >> >>>>> back... >> >>>>> >> >>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:49, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>>>> Sure, what's your phone number? I'll give you a call in a couple >> >>>>>> hours, >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> Todd >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>>>> pretty much all of them. can you give me a quick description of >> >>>>>>> em? >> >>>>>>> maybe we can do this over the phone if that is easier? >> >>>>>>> >> >>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:41, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>>>>>> Hello Yaw >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> I'm not doing the sStitch project anymore, that was an iPhone >> >>>>>>>> based >> >>>>>>>> application and I gave up on the iPhone. I am involved in a >> >>>>>>>> number >> >>>>>>>> of >> >>>>>>>> mobile applications in developing countries which might be of >> >>>>>>>> interest >> >>>>>>>> to you. What are you interested in? >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> Cheers! >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> Todd >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>>>>>> todd, >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>> i'm one of the lead developers on open data kit >> >>>>>>>>> (http://opendatakit.org) a project that does data collection in >> >>>>>>>>> developing regions. i heard about sstitch and wanted to find out >> >>>>>>>>> more, >> >>>>>>>>> but http://www.sstitch.com/ seems down. do you have any >> >>>>>>>>> information >> >>>>>>>>> about the project you can share? >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>> yaw >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>> >> >>> >> >> >> > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > http://www.OpenDataKit.org > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com >

got this working and sent to todd.

forms need an unique id (xlmns). added an xlmns tag to the data
element solves that problem. you have to do this when you export the
xml file.

instances names should be only basic text and not have spaces,
semicolons, etc. so instead of "Arrival Time:" it should be
"ArrivalTime". ditto with checkbox/radio button values.

note that the labels attached to all these things can be whatever. so
you can have "Téam Awesome!" as the question text, but the data name
that it has to be more like "TeamName"

as waylon noted, all these are known bugs and we are working hard to
get those changes fixed and pushed to production. thanks for being
patient with us!

··· On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 18:39, Mitch Sundt wrote: > Hi Todd, > > If the form passes validate but still can't be uploaded, paste it on > dpaste.com and give us the link, and we can take a look at it. Or send it > directly to me as an attachment. > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > http://www.OpenDataKit.org > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com > > > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> My guess is the problem is that your form has spaces in the "Data >> Name" or some other illegal characters. Have you tried to use ODK >> validate to verify your form is somewhat valid? Also what version of >> Aggregate are you using? >> >> We have an issue filed to add validation to build but it's not done >> yet. http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=109 >> >> Cheers, >> Waylon >> >> >> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Todd Huffman wrote: >> > Hi ODKers >> > >> > I'm trying to use ODK Collect in the upcoming Afghan elections, and am >> > having a lot of trouble with the Build application. Is anyone >> > available to help work through it? >> > >> > Specifically when I go to upload the survey to the server I'm using >> > 'afgelection.appspot.com/' I get the following error. I can't find >> > where on the net people are discussing these kinds of issues. Any >> > pointers? >> > >> > Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: >> > Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation >> > >> > Cheers! >> > >> > Todd Huffman >> > >> > HuffmanTM@gmail.com >> > Office: (765) 633-2691 >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- >> > From: Yaw Anokwa >> > Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:38 AM >> > Subject: Re: data collection using sstitch >> > To: Todd Huffman >> > >> > >> > hey todd, >> > >> > sorry build and aggregate are not working for you. i'm currently doing >> > fieldwork, so i'll be pretty slow on email. can you send a message to >> > opendatakit-implementers@googlegroups.com? the rest of my team can >> > address the issue there. >> > >> > cheers, >> > >> > yaw >> > >> > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >> Hi Yaw >> >> >> >> I'm trying to use ODK Collect for collecting data in Afghanistan >> >> during the elections. I'm trying to use build.opendatakit.org/ to >> >> make the survey, and 'afgelection.appspot.com/' to host / collect the >> >> data. >> >> >> >> I'm running into a world of problems... I keep getting exceptions >> >> without useful feedback. Can I get you on chat for a quick bit of >> >> help? I can't find where the solutions are in the help files. >> >> >> >> I'm easiest to catch on gmail, oddboy@gmail.com. >> >> >> >> Thanks, >> >> >> >> Todd Huffman >> >> >> >> HuffmanTM@gmail.com >> >> Office: (765) 633-2691 >> >> >> >> Uncaught exception from servlet >> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type ("") is not that of an entity >> >> but needs to be for this operation >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.assertEntity(EntityManagerImpl.java:867) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.datanucleus.jpa.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:385) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.odk.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:161) >> >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:713) >> >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:97) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) >> >> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542) >> >> at >> >> >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76) >> >> at >> >> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:135) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest(JavaRuntime.java:251) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6784) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:6782) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:398) >> >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:852) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:576) >> >> at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:807) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:369) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived(ServerConnection.java:442) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages(RpcConnection.java:319) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived(RpcConnection.java:290) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:474) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents(EventDispatcher.java:831) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop(EventDispatcher.java:207) >> >> at >> >> com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:103) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown(RpcService.java:251) >> >> at >> >> >> >> com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:418) >> >> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) >> >> >> >> Unexpected exception from servlet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: >> >> Type ("") is not that of an entity but needs to be for this operation >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>> todd, >> >>> >> >>> great chatting. below are the links you requested. >> >>> >> >>> http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKVoice has some >> >>> information about voice. it also has a demo for you to try it out. if >> >>> you are interested in rolling it out, just let me know. >> >>> >> >>> tasks is not as ready as voice. the code sits in >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> http://code.google.com/p/open-data-kit/source/browse/#svn/branches/uw/tasks-framework. >> >>> it's an android/app-engine application. your dev might want to check >> >>> out the code and take a look to see if it's along the lines of what he >> >>> wants. tasks are something that we want to start hammering on again. >> >>> glad to discuss with your dev what his ideas would be. >> >>> >> >>> yaw >> >>> >> >>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 16:38, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>> Hi Yaw >> >>>> >> >>>> Thanks for chatting, I'd love to get more info on where you're going >> >>>> with ODK re: voice and tasking. I have some potential opportunities >> >>>> to use them in Haiti and Afghanistan. >> >>>> >> >>>> More soon, >> >>>> >> >>>> Todd >> >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> >> >>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>> 206-484-2853. if i don't pick up it's cause i'm in transit. i'll >> >>>>> call >> >>>>> back... >> >>>>> >> >>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:49, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>>>> Sure, what's your phone number? I'll give you a call in a couple >> >>>>>> hours, >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> Todd >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>>>> pretty much all of them. can you give me a quick description of >> >>>>>>> em? >> >>>>>>> maybe we can do this over the phone if that is easier? >> >>>>>>> >> >>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:41, Todd Huffman wrote: >> >>>>>>>> Hello Yaw >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> I'm not doing the sStitch project anymore, that was an iPhone >> >>>>>>>> based >> >>>>>>>> application and I gave up on the iPhone. I am involved in a >> >>>>>>>> number >> >>>>>>>> of >> >>>>>>>> mobile applications in developing countries which might be of >> >>>>>>>> interest >> >>>>>>>> to you. What are you interested in? >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> Cheers! >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> Todd >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>>>>>>>> todd, >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>> i'm one of the lead developers on open data kit >> >>>>>>>>> (http://opendatakit.org) a project that does data collection in >> >>>>>>>>> developing regions. i heard about sstitch and wanted to find out >> >>>>>>>>> more, >> >>>>>>>>> but http://www.sstitch.com/ seems down. do you have any >> >>>>>>>>> information >> >>>>>>>>> about the project you can share? >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>> yaw >> >>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>> >> >>>>>> >> >>>>> >> >>>> >> >>> >> >> >> > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > http://www.OpenDataKit.org > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com >