Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate result invalid copying media file failed

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hi everyone, I am getting the following thing when I try to Get Blank Form: "Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate result invalid copying media file failed"
Any idea why this pop up?
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Using ODK Collect v1.25.2 on Samsung tablet
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I search on ODK forum but couldn't find an answer
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
No idea
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Nothing

Hello @Bruno_Anthoine

Not very sure this is correct without seeing your actual form, but I suspect you might have set a relevant to self variable (a variable referring to its own value to show or hide)

Try verify that or share your xlform for further investigation

Best,
Jules R

2 Likes

Hi Jules, thanks for you response, I cannot share the form publicly, unfortunately. But the problem was indeed related with having set a relevant to self variable, thank you so much for the tip!

Best wishes,

Bruno

1 Like

Hi everyone, im very new to ODK and i need your help.
I got this error trying to deploy my form on kobocollect.
"ODK Validate Errors: >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate Result: Invalid"

see attached my questionannaire...
MIDC Impact Assessment Beneficiary Survey.xls (43 KB)

Hi @bob_holy
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

Take a look at row 43 in relevant column there you have ${mealzero} = '4' what doesn't make sense because the current question is mealzero

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce yourself here!