Development ODK Build problems on Windows

Hi,

I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first
problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./
configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make".
After that I type "make", I saw this error message:

• tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position
    independent)
  • tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/
    stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make:
    *** [tcutest.o] Error 1

so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems
and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the
website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could
not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source".

After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support
Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same
thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything
successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to
run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the
cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8
in any of the source".

So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it
locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the
cygwin at Windows Platform?

Thank you,
Alvin

Hi Alvin:

Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible.

Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visiting http://build.opendatakit.org/

Thanks,
—Clint

··· On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote:

Hi,

I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first
problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./
configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make".
After that I type "make", I saw this error message:

• tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position
    independent)
  • tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/
    stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make:
    *** [tcutest.o] Error 1

so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems
and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the
website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could
not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source".

After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support
Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same
thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything
successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to
run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the
cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8
in any of the source".

So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it
locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the
cygwin at Windows Platform?

Thank you,
Alvin

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi Clint,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, I installed the bundler v-1.0.0 is successfully. But is what you
said, still have a problem. So I finding any solution is able install
"tokyo cabinet" on windows platform.

By the way, I read the wiki ODKBuild is able to develop locally on
linux. Is there any alternative platform or any linux is support
develop locally?

Thank you,
Alvin

··· On Feb 28, 10:10 am, Clint Tseng wrote: > Hi Alvin: > > Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible. > > Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visitinghttp://build.opendatakit.org/ > > Thanks, > —Clint > > On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > > > > Hi, > > > I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first > > problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./ > > configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make". > > After that I type "make", I saw this error message: > > > - tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position > > independent) > > - tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/ > > stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make: > > *** [tcutest.o] Error 1 > > > so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems > > and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the > > website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could > > not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source". > > > After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support > > Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same > > thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything > > successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to > > run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the > > cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8 > > in any of the source". > > > So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it > > locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the > > cygwin at Windows Platform? > > > Thank you, > > Alvin > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

if you do want to develop on build, you might want to consider
installing a linux virtual machine and installing the dev environment
there...

··· On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:10, Clint Tseng wrote: > Hi Alvin: > > Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible. > > Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visiting http://build.opendatakit.org/ > > Thanks, > —Clint > > > On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first >> problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./ >> configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make". >> After that I type "make", I saw this error message: >> >> - tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position >> independent) >> - tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/ >> stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make: >> *** [tcutest.o] Error 1 >> >> so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems >> and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the >> website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could >> not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source". >> >> After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support >> Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same >> thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything >> successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to >> run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the >> cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8 >> in any of the source". >> >> So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it >> locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the >> cygwin at Windows Platform? >> >> >> Thank you, >> Alvin >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

Is there any alternative linux platform? for example ubuntu?

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Feb 28, 10:15 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > if you do want to develop on build, you might want to consider > installing a linux virtual machine and installing the dev environment > there... > > > > On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:10, Clint Tseng wrote: > > Hi Alvin: > > > Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible. > > > Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visitinghttp://build.opendatakit.org/ > > > Thanks, > > —Clint > > > On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >> Hi, > > >> I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first > >> problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./ > >> configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make". > >> After that I type "make", I saw this error message: > > >> - tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position > >> independent) > >> - tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/ > >> stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make: > >> *** [tcutest.o] Error 1 > > >> so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems > >> and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the > >> website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could > >> not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source". > > >> After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support > >> Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same > >> thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything > >> successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to > >> run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the > >> cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8 > >> in any of the source". > > >> So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it > >> locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the > >> cygwin at Windows Platform? > > >> Thank you, > >> Alvin > > >> -- > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

yup. i use ubuntu, but all the popular distros will work.

··· On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:23, Alvinlims wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > Is there any alternative linux platform? for example ubuntu? > > Regards, > Alvin > > On Feb 28, 10:15 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> if you do want to develop on build, you might want to consider >> installing a linux virtual machine and installing the dev environment >> there... >> >> >> >> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:10, Clint Tseng wrote: >> > Hi Alvin: >> >> > Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible. >> >> > Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visitinghttp://build.opendatakit.org/ >> >> > Thanks, >> > —Clint >> >> > On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote: >> >> >> Hi, >> >> >> I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first >> >> problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./ >> >> configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make". >> >> After that I type "make", I saw this error message: >> >> >> - tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position >> >> independent) >> >> - tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/ >> >> stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make: >> >> *** [tcutest.o] Error 1 >> >> >> so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems >> >> and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the >> >> website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could >> >> not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source". >> >> >> After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support >> >> Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same >> >> thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything >> >> successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to >> >> run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the >> >> cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8 >> >> in any of the source". >> >> >> So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it >> >> locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the >> >> cygwin at Windows Platform? >> >> >> Thank you, >> >> Alvin >> >> >> -- >> >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

Now I using the ubuntu, It is great, but one thing I still facing in
my "tokyo cabinet". The terminal errors is:

if uname -a | egrep -i 'SunOS' > /dev/null ;
then
gcc -g -O2 -std=c99 -Wall -fPIC -fsigned-char -O2 -shared -Wl,-G,-
h,libtokyocabinet.so.9 -o libtokyocabinet.so.9.10.0
tcutil.o tchdb.o tcbdb.o tcfdb.o tctdb.o tcadb.o myconf.o md5.o
-L. -L/usr/local/lib -L/home/alvinlim/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lbz2 -lz -
lrt -lpthread -lm -lc ;
else
gcc -g -O2 -std=c99 -Wall -fPIC -fsigned-char -O2 -shared -Wl,-
soname,libtokyocabinet.so.9 -o libtokyocabinet.so.9.10.0
tcutil.o tchdb.o tcbdb.o tcfdb.o tctdb.o tcadb.o myconf.o md5.o
-L. -L/usr/local/lib -L/home/alvinlim/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lbz2 -lz -
lrt -lpthread -lm -lc ;
fi
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libbz2.a(bzlib.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S
against `.text' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libbz2.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libtokyocabinet.so.9.10.0] Error 1

What those it mean? I try to find other source still can't fix.

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Feb 27, 9:25 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > yup. i use ubuntu, but all the popular distros will work. > > On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:23, Alvinlims wrote: > > Hi Yaw, > > > Is there any alternative linux platform? for example ubuntu? > > > Regards, > > Alvin > > > On Feb 28, 10:15 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> if you do want to develop on build, you might want to consider > >> installing a linux virtual machine and installing the dev environment > >> there... > > >> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 20:10, Clint Tseng wrote: > >> > Hi Alvin: > > >> > Yes, we are fairly poor in our Windows support. It sounds like the step you're missing at the moment is actually that you need to run 'bundle install' in the project directory. However, even after you make that work, you'll still have a problem because Kyoto and Tokyo Cabinet are not compatible. > > >> > Out of curiosity, do you just wish to run ODK Build, or do you intend to develop on it? If you just wish to use the tool, you can do it by visitinghttp://build.opendatakit.org/ > > >> > Thanks, > >> > —Clint > > >> > On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >> >> Hi, > > >> >> I have facing some issue while installing the ODK Build. The first > >> >> problem is when I install the 'Tokyo Cabinet' on my cygwin, first I "./ > >> >> configure"... Blah blah blah... then Cygwin showed "Ready to make". > >> >> After that I type "make", I saw this error message: > > >> >> - tcutest.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (All code is position > >> >> independent) > >> >> - tcutest.c:31: error: conflicting types for 'iprintf' /usr/include/ > >> >> stdio.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'iprintf' was here make: > >> >> *** [tcutest.o] Error 1 > > >> >> so, I believe that when after I install everything bundler, rubygems > >> >> and everything. when I type "shotgun config.ru" and point to the > >> >> website, "localhost:9393", cygwin will showed error as well. "could > >> >> not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the source". > > >> >> After research, I found out they said Tokyo Cabinet is not support > >> >> Windows platform. Therefore I using "kyoto cabinet" and do the same > >> >> thing, "./configure", "make", "make install" fortunately everything > >> >> successful install. But the same thing happen again, when I start to > >> >> run the server "shotgun config.ru" the website "localhost:9393", the > >> >> cygwin still showed the error with "could not find activesupport-2.3.8 > >> >> in any of the source". > > >> >> So I believe that the ODK Build must using "Tokyo Cabinet" to run it > >> >> locally. Anyone know that how to install the "Tokyo Cabinet" into the > >> >> cygwin at Windows Platform? > > >> >> Thank you, > >> >> Alvin > > >> >> -- > >> >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >> > -- > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi,

Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last
step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393",
the terminal look like this

[2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1
[2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux]
[2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653
port=9393
Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources

I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but
unfortunately cannot install.

Can anybody help me please?

You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme:

Run 'bundle install' in your project directory.
Set up your config.yml file.

··· On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote:

Hi,

port=9393

--

just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried
this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty
accurate.

install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work.

sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev;

install tokyo cabinet

download and unarchive

cd /tmp;
wget http://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz;
tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz;

configure, make, install

./configure;
make;
sudo make install;

run odk build

get build pre-reqs

cd ~/odk-build;
gem install bundler;
bundle install;

setup config

cp config.yml.sample config.yml;
touch .build_time;

fire up stack

shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0;

you can now go use the browser to go to http://host_ip:9393/

··· On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: > You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: > > Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. > Set up your config.yml file. > > > On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last >> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", >> the terminal look like this >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 >> port=9393 >> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources >> >> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but >> unfortunately cannot install. >> >> Can anybody help me please? >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again.

== Shotgun/WEBrick on http://0.0.0.0:9393/
[2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1
[2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux]
[2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637
port=9393
Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources

What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual
boot to linux ubuntu 10.10.

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried > this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty > accurate. > > ## install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work. > sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev; > > ## install tokyo cabinet > > # download and unarchive > cd /tmp; > wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > > # configure, make, install > ./configure; > make; > sudo make install; > > ## run odk build > > # get build pre-reqs > cd ~/odk-build; > gem install bundler; > bundle install; > > # setup config > cp config.yml.sample config.yml; > touch .build_time; > > # fire up stack > shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0; > > you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/ > > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: > > You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: > > > Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. > > Set up your config.yml file. > > > On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >> Hi, > > >> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last > >> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", > >> the terminal look like this > > >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 > >> port=9393 > >> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources > > >> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but > >> unfortunately cannot install. > > >> Can anybody help me please? > > >> -- > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

ffi wasn't installed. when you ran the following commands, where they
any errors?

gem install bundler;
bundle install;

on my install, 'gem list' returns http://dpaste.com/465465/

··· On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 02:30, Alvinlims wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again. > > == Shotgun/WEBrick on http://0.0.0.0:9393/ > [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > [2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637 > port=9393 > Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources > > What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual > boot to linux ubuntu 10.10. > > Regards, > Alvin > > On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried >> this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty >> accurate. >> >> ## install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work. >> sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev; >> >> ## install tokyo cabinet >> >> # download and unarchive >> cd /tmp; >> wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; >> tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; >> >> # configure, make, install >> ./configure; >> make; >> sudo make install; >> >> ## run odk build >> >> # get build pre-reqs >> cd ~/odk-build; >> gem install bundler; >> bundle install; >> >> # setup config >> cp config.yml.sample config.yml; >> touch .build_time; >> >> # fire up stack >> shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0; >> >> you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/ >> >> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: >> > You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: >> >> > Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. >> > Set up your config.yml file. >> >> > On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: >> >> >> Hi, >> >> >> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last >> >> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", >> >> the terminal look like this >> >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 >> >> port=9393 >> >> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources >> >> >> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but >> >> unfortunately cannot install. >> >> >> Can anybody help me please? >> >> >> -- >> >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

when i run 'bundle install' it comes like this:

alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ bundle install
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Using rake (0.8.7)
Using activesupport (2.3.8)
Installing ffi (0.6.3) with native extensions /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/
1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:533:in `build_extensions': ERROR: Failed to
build gem native extension. (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb

extconf.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
from extconf.rb:2

Gem files will remain installed in /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/
gems/ffi-0.6.3 for inspection.
Results logged to /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/gems/ffi-0.6.3/ext/
ffi_c/gem_make.out
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in each' from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in build_extensions'
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:159:in
install' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/source.rb: 96:in install'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/
installer.rb:55:in run' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ spec_set.rb:12:in each'
spec_set.rb:12:in each' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ installer.rb:44:in run'
installer.rb:8:in install' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/cli.rb: 226:in install'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/
thor/task.rb:22:in send' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ thor/task.rb:22:in run'
thor/invocation.rb:118:in invoke_task' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ thor.rb:246:in dispatch'
thor/base.rb:389:in start' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/bin/bundle:13 from /usr/bin/bundle:19:in load'
from /usr/bin/bundle:19

Is it error?

on my 'gem list' returns:

activesupport (2.3.8)
bundler (1.0.10)
rack (1.2.1)
rake (0.8.7)
rubygems-update (1.6.0)
shotgun (0.9)

I think is something not right here.

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Mar 2, 9:35 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > ffi wasn't installed. when you ran the following commands, where they > any errors? > > gem install bundler; > bundle install; > > on my install, 'gem list' returnshttp://dpaste.com/465465/ > > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 02:30, Alvinlims wrote: > > Hi Yaw, > > > Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again. > > > == Shotgun/WEBrick onhttp://0.0.0.0:9393/ > > [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > > [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > > [2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637 > > port=9393 > > Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources > > > What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual > > boot to linux ubuntu 10.10. > > > Regards, > > Alvin > > > On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried > >> this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty > >> accurate. > > >> ## install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work. > >> sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev; > > >> ## install tokyo cabinet > > >> # download and unarchive > >> cd /tmp; > >> wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > >> tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > > >> # configure, make, install > >> ./configure; > >> make; > >> sudo make install; > > >> ## run odk build > > >> # get build pre-reqs > >> cd ~/odk-build; > >> gem install bundler; > >> bundle install; > > >> # setup config > >> cp config.yml.sample config.yml; > >> touch .build_time; > > >> # fire up stack > >> shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0; > > >> you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/ > > >> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: > >> > You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: > > >> > Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. > >> > Set up your config.yml file. > > >> > On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >> >> Hi, > > >> >> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last > >> >> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", > >> >> the terminal look like this > > >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >> >> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 > >> >> port=9393 > >> >> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources > > >> >> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but > >> >> unfortunately cannot install. > > >> >> Can anybody help me please? > > >> >> -- > >> >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >> > -- > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi Alvin:

Try
sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev
...whoa that pasted crazily. Anyway, try that.

Thanks,
—Clint

··· On Mar 2, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Alvinlims wrote:

Hi Yaw,

when i run 'bundle install' it comes like this:

alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ bundle install
Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/
Using rake (0.8.7)
Using activesupport (2.3.8)
Installing ffi (0.6.3) with native extensions /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/
1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:533:in `build_extensions': ERROR: Failed to
build gem native extension. (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb

extconf.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
from extconf.rb:2

Gem files will remain installed in /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/
gems/ffi-0.6.3 for inspection.
Results logged to /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/gems/ffi-0.6.3/ext/
ffi_c/gem_make.out
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in each' from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in build_extensions'
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:159:in
install' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/source.rb: 96:in install'
installer.rb:55:in run' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ spec_set.rb:12:in each'
spec_set.rb:12:in each' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ installer.rb:44:in run'
installer.rb:8:in install' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/cli.rb: 226:in install'
thor/task.rb:22:in send' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ thor/task.rb:22:in run'
thor/invocation.rb:118:in invoke_task' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ thor.rb:246:in dispatch'
thor/base.rb:389:in start' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/bin/bundle:13 from /usr/bin/bundle:19:in load'
from /usr/bin/bundle:19

Is it error?

on my 'gem list' returns:

activesupport (2.3.8)
bundler (1.0.10)
rack (1.2.1)
rake (0.8.7)
rubygems-update (1.6.0)
shotgun (0.9)

I think is something not right here.

Regards,
Alvin

On Mar 2, 9:35 am, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

ffi wasn't installed. when you ran the following commands, where they
any errors?

gem install bundler;
bundle install;

on my install, 'gem list' returnshttp://dpaste.com/465465/

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 02:30, Alvinlims alvinl...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw,

Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again.

== Shotgun/WEBrick onhttp://0.0.0.0:9393/
[2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1
[2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux]
[2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637
port=9393
Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources

What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual
boot to linux ubuntu 10.10.

Regards,
Alvin

On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried
this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty
accurate.

install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work.

sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev;

install tokyo cabinet

download and unarchive

cd /tmp;
wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz;
tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz;

configure, make, install

./configure;
make;
sudo make install;

run odk build

get build pre-reqs

cd ~/odk-build;
gem install bundler;
bundle install;

setup config

cp config.yml.sample config.yml;
touch .build_time;

fire up stack

you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng c...@cs.washington.edu wrote:

You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme:

Run 'bundle install' in your project directory.
Set up your config.yml file.

On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims alvinl...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

port=9393

--
Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--

--

--

Hi Yaw and Clint,

A Millions Thank you!

You save me a lot of time to do it, I remove the gems and reinstall by
using
sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev;
gem install bundler;
bundle install;

then run using

Everything work fine!

Thank you very much! Solved it already :slight_smile:

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Mar 2, 8:37 pm, Clint Tseng wrote: > Hi Alvin: > > Try > sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev > ...whoa that pasted crazily. Anyway, try that. > > Thanks, > —Clint > > On Mar 2, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > > Hi Yaw, > > > when i run 'bundle install' it comes like this: > > > alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ bundle install > > Fetching source index forhttp://rubygems.org/ > > Using rake (0.8.7) > > Using activesupport (2.3.8) > > Installing ffi (0.6.3) with native extensions /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/ > > 1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:533:in `build_extensions': ERROR: Failed to > > build gem native extension. (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError) > > > /usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb > > extconf.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError) > > from extconf.rb:2 > > > Gem files will remain installed in /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/ > > gems/ffi-0.6.3 for inspection. > > Results logged to /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/gems/ffi-0.6.3/ext/ > > ffi_c/gem_make.out > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in `each' > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in > > `build_extensions' > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:159:in > > `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/source.rb: > > 96:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:55:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > spec_set.rb:12:in `each' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > spec_set.rb:12:in `each' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:44:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:8:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/cli.rb: > > 226:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/task.rb:22:in `send' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/task.rb:22:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/invocation.rb:118:in `invoke_task' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor.rb:246:in `dispatch' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/base.rb:389:in `start' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/bin/bundle:13 > > from /usr/bin/bundle:19:in `load' > > from /usr/bin/bundle:19 > > > Is it error? > > > on my 'gem list' returns: > > > activesupport (2.3.8) > > bundler (1.0.10) > > rack (1.2.1) > > rake (0.8.7) > > rubygems-update (1.6.0) > > shotgun (0.9) > > > I think is something not right here. > > > Regards, > > Alvin > > > On Mar 2, 9:35 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> ffi wasn't installed. when you ran the following commands, where they > >> any errors? > > >> gem install bundler; > >> bundle install; > > >> on my install, 'gem list' returnshttp://dpaste.com/465465/ > > >> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 02:30, Alvinlims wrote: > >>> Hi Yaw, > > >>> Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again. > > >>> == Shotgun/WEBrick onhttp://0.0.0.0:9393/ > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637 > >>> port=9393 > >>> Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources > > >>> What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual > >>> boot to linux ubuntu 10.10. > > >>> Regards, > >>> Alvin > > >>> On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >>>> just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried > >>>> this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty > >>>> accurate. > > >>>> ## install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work. > >>>> sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev; > > >>>> ## install tokyo cabinet > > >>>> # download and unarchive > >>>> cd /tmp; > >>>> wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > >>>> tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > > >>>> # configure, make, install > >>>> ./configure; > >>>> make; > >>>> sudo make install; > > >>>> ## run odk build > > >>>> # get build pre-reqs > >>>> cd ~/odk-build; > >>>> gem install bundler; > >>>> bundle install; > > >>>> # setup config > >>>> cp config.yml.sample config.yml; > >>>> touch .build_time; > > >>>> # fire up stack > >>>> shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0; > > >>>> you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/ > > >>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: > >>>>> You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: > > >>>>> Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. > >>>>> Set up your config.yml file. > > >>>>> On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >>>>>> Hi, > > >>>>>> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last > >>>>>> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", > >>>>>> the terminal look like this > > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 > >>>>>> port=9393 > >>>>>> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources > > >>>>>> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but > >>>>>> unfortunately cannot install. > > >>>>>> Can anybody help me please? > > >>>>>> -- > >>>>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >>>>> -- > >>>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>>>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >>> -- > >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi,

After this, I tried install to the VMware Player in my Windows 7.

Everything work fine, but last part my 'shotgun config.ru' is not
working in my WMware Player. the error message:

alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ shotgun
No command 'shotgun' found, did you mean:
Command 'shogun' from package 'shogun-cmdline' (universe)
shotgun: command not found

Is it because of the WMware problem? I checked the 'gem list' showed
shotgun-0.8 is available there.

Regards,
Alvin

··· On Mar 2, 5:37 pm, Clint Tseng wrote: > Hi Alvin: > > Try > sudo apt-get install ruby1.8-dev > ...whoa that pasted crazily. Anyway, try that. > > Thanks, > —Clint > > On Mar 2, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > > Hi Yaw, > > > when i run 'bundle install' it comes like this: > > > alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ bundle install > > Fetching source index forhttp://rubygems.org/ > > Using rake (0.8.7) > > Using activesupport (2.3.8) > > Installing ffi (0.6.3) with native extensions /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/ > > 1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:533:in `build_extensions': ERROR: Failed to > > build gem native extension. (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError) > > > /usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb > > extconf.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError) > > from extconf.rb:2 > > > Gem files will remain installed in /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/ > > gems/ffi-0.6.3 for inspection. > > Results logged to /home/alvinlim/.bundler/tmp/1972/gems/ffi-0.6.3/ext/ > > ffi_c/gem_make.out > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in `each' > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:486:in > > `build_extensions' > > from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:159:in > > `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/source.rb: > > 96:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:55:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > spec_set.rb:12:in `each' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > spec_set.rb:12:in `each' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:44:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/ > > installer.rb:8:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/cli.rb: > > 226:in `install' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/task.rb:22:in `send' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/task.rb:22:in `run' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/invocation.rb:118:in `invoke_task' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor.rb:246:in `dispatch' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/lib/bundler/vendor/ > > thor/base.rb:389:in `start' > > from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.10/bin/bundle:13 > > from /usr/bin/bundle:19:in `load' > > from /usr/bin/bundle:19 > > > Is it error? > > > on my 'gem list' returns: > > > activesupport (2.3.8) > > bundler (1.0.10) > > rack (1.2.1) > > rake (0.8.7) > > rubygems-update (1.6.0) > > shotgun (0.9) > > > I think is something not right here. > > > Regards, > > Alvin > > > On Mar 2, 9:35 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> ffi wasn't installed. when you ran the following commands, where they > >> any errors? > > >> gem install bundler; > >> bundle install; > > >> on my install, 'gem list' returnshttp://dpaste.com/465465/ > > >> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 02:30, Alvinlims wrote: > >>> Hi Yaw, > > >>> Thanks for the reply, I tried again, it's come different error again. > > >>> == Shotgun/WEBrick onhttp://0.0.0.0:9393/ > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:52] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >>> [2011-03-02 05:27:57] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=9637 > >>> port=9393 > >>> Could not find ffi-0.6.3 in any of the sources > > >>> What is the problem? my computer is running 64-bits. and i using dual > >>> boot to linux ubuntu 10.10. > > >>> Regards, > >>> Alvin > > >>> On Feb 28, 1:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >>>> just tried this in my ubuntu 10 vm and seems to work fine. just tried > >>>> this the following from scratch and the instructions are pretty > >>>> accurate. > > >>>> ## install pre-reqs in ubuntu for ./configure to work. > >>>> sudo apt-get install build-essential zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev; > > >>>> ## install tokyo cabinet > > >>>> # download and unarchive > >>>> cd /tmp; > >>>> wgethttp://fallabs.com/tokyocabinet/tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > >>>> tar zxvf tokyocabinet-1.4.47.tar.gz; > > >>>> # configure, make, install > >>>> ./configure; > >>>> make; > >>>> sudo make install; > > >>>> ## run odk build > > >>>> # get build pre-reqs > >>>> cd ~/odk-build; > >>>> gem install bundler; > >>>> bundle install; > > >>>> # setup config > >>>> cp config.yml.sample config.yml; > >>>> touch .build_time; > > >>>> # fire up stack > >>>> shotgun config.ru -o 0.0.0.0; > > >>>> you can now go use the browser to go tohttp://host_ip:9393/ > > >>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:43, Clint Tseng wrote: > >>>>> You'll want to follow the instructions in the readme: > > >>>>> Run 'bundle install' in your project directory. > >>>>> Set up your config.yml file. > > >>>>> On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Alvinlims wrote: > > >>>>>> Hi, > > >>>>>> Now I able to do the above step already, but then when I do the last > >>>>>> step "shotgun config.ru" and point to the website "localhost:9393", > >>>>>> the terminal look like this > > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23) [x86_64-linux] > >>>>>> [2011-02-28 02:26:31] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=3653 > >>>>>> port=9393 > >>>>>> Could not find activesupport-2.3.8 in any of the sources > > >>>>>> I try to install "sudo gem install activesupport -v2.3.8" but > >>>>>> unfortunately cannot install. > > >>>>>> Can anybody help me please? > > >>>>>> -- > >>>>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>>>>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >>>>> -- > >>>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>>>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >>> -- > >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >>> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

alvin,

the problem you are describing is not a vmware problem, it's a linux
problem. shotgun isn't being found because you haven't added the
shotgun binary to your path.

i dunno where your gems are installed (probably
/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/) but you need to add that bin directory to your
path (see http://serverfault.com/questions/44275/how-to-add-a-directory-to-my-path-in-ubuntu
for help)

yaw

··· On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 01:43, Alvinlims wrote: > Hi, > > After this, I tried install to the VMware Player in my Windows 7. > > Everything work fine, but last part my 'shotgun config.ru' is not > working in my WMware Player. the error message: > > alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ shotgun > No command 'shotgun' found, did you mean: > Command 'shogun' from package 'shogun-cmdline' (universe) > shotgun: command not found > > Is it because of the WMware problem? I checked the 'gem list' showed > shotgun-0.8 is available there. > > Regards, > Alvin

Hi Yaw,

Solved!
Thanks for the good information, this is my first time touch linux
ubuntu. However, I learn a lot from you and clint.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Alvin

··· On Mar 3, 11:07 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > alvin, > > the problem you are describing is not a vmware problem, it's a linux > problem. shotgun isn't being found because you haven't added the > shotgun binary to your path. > > i dunno where your gems are installed (probably > /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin/) but you need to add that bin directory to your > path (seehttp://serverfault.com/questions/44275/how-to-add-a-directory-to-my-p... > for help) > > yaw > > > > On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 01:43, Alvinlims wrote: > > Hi, > > > After this, I tried install to the VMware Player in my Windows 7. > > > Everything work fine, but last part my 'shotgun config.ru' is not > > working in my WMware Player. the error message: > > > alvinlim@ubuntu:~/opendatakit-build$ shotgun > > No command 'shotgun' found, did you mean: > > Command 'shogun' from package 'shogun-cmdline' (universe) > > shotgun: command not found > > > Is it because of the WMware problem? I checked the 'gem list' showed > > shotgun-0.8 is available there. > > > Regards, > > Alvin