Display and show the output based on calculation

Hi all,

I have a five questions, and the sum of all the questions should be displayed and must not be a note at the end. How can I work this out in ODK xls.

This document may help you to get your answer https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-operators-functions/#operators

and in the summation field put question type text/integer/decimal and in the readonly column put true. Do you want save calculation result in the submission so you want to avoid question type note is that your case?

You need to indicate whether all five of these questions are required or not, as this will affect the complexity of the best solution (ie can any of these 5 values be blank?)

Hi, Thanks

yes I want to save the answers in calculations result submission so I am avoiding note.
If I add integer,decimal the calculated answers in not displayed how can I rectify this?

Please help..

Check the XLScalculation.xlsx (14.4 KB)

Thank you, but again.. if I give text it directly opens a text box and not calculating...

No all the questions need to be answered.

Try this:

sum.xls (5.5 KB)

Note, you wont get a valid sum until you answer all 5 question (hence why I asked whether they are all required or not).

1 Like