Display label question different language into a note

Hi there,

I would like to know if is it possible to insert a label question into a note.

The fact is : I have a survey which try to evaluate levels on MDC skills.
Interviewees answer different skills such as "Clean data before analysis" and they evaluate themselves by ticking a level on the likert scale.
Regarding to the answer I would like to display some of them skills into a note : " You mention having difficulties for the following activity(ies): ...".
But I did not manage to fix it myself.

By example :
The intervewee answers to have "significantly" difficulties to "1.1 Find external / secondary data relevant to your activities"
So my survey will display:
"You mention having difficulties for the following activity(ies): 1.1 Find external / secondary data relevant to your activities"

I am using EXCEL 2013, KOBO Humanitarian response & ODK Collect v1.22.4.

First, I define other variable by re-write label question :
calculate > dif1 **> calculation : ** if(selected(${dif_1},'niv_1') or selected(${dif_1},'niv_2') or selected(${dif_1},'niv_3'),'1.1. Trouver des données externes / secondaires pertinentes pour vos activités','').
But I can not keep that as I have different language.

Then, I delete text into this command, to keep the number. But it's clearer with text.

After, I deal with several commands to fix it (jr choice, $(answer)). Also try to write my XLSForm in another way.

I join my XLS form to show the issue.

• From row 24 to 53 it's what I try to display my label question.
  • My problem will be for what it's display with row 54 : "You mention having difficulties for the following activity(ies): ${dif1} ${dif2} ${dif3} ${dif4} ${dif5} ${dif6} ${dif7} ${dif8} ${dif9} ${dif10} ${dif11} ${dif12} ${dif13} ${dif14} ${dif15} . "

I hope it's understandable,
If someone have an idea, will be happy to hear about it !

Thank you,
Chloé

Qlabel.xlsx (111.0 KB)

1 Like

I'm not sure I understand the issue, but perhaps I can say what is possible?

You can show the active language of the label (not the value/name) of the choice by using jr:choice-name and you can see an example here: https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-operators-functions/#jr:choice-name.

You can store these labels in calculates as shown at https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-logic/#calculations. And for any label, you can refer to the calculate you wish to display with ${my-variable} syntax.

If this is what you want to do, I'd recommend you start with a small 2-3 question form to try that out and see how it goes. If you have more questions and you are more comfortable in French, post in French.

Hey!
Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

I think I had not be very clear... sorry
The point is : I want to display label QUESTION not a label ANSWER into my note.
I want these labels to appear according to the answer given by the interviewees.

Example:
Question is : A
Answers are: 1 / 2 / 3
If interviewee answer 1 or 2 : After the question, I want a note displaying "A"
If interviewee answer 3 : I want nothing

This example seems stupid but you can see the goal on the XLSForm I joined :
A : it's different MDC skills
Answers: it's different levels
The idea is to show to interviewees which skills they rank as difficult.

I can not hardcode this like that : if(selected(${A},'1') or selected(${A},'2'),A,'') because I have different languages.

Hope it's clearer now,
All the best,
Chloé