Display two languages at the same time for the field label on Android tablet

Hello,

I am working on a research study that is collecting data on a Samsung Android tablet with 10" screen (not a phone). I built the forms for the study using XLSForms with two languages for the label field. The XML version of the forms upload without errors to the tablet. To prevent data collection errors in the field, I would like to display both languages for each label field at the same time on the device. This is different from the current set-up where you have to select one language at a time using: blank form -> menu -> change language.

The reason for this request is that some of our field collectors are fluent in our default language (English), however the interviews for our study will be conducted in a local language.

Please let me know if displaying both languages for the field label is possible.

Thank you,

Jacqueline Fiore
ICEMR Malawi
Data Core Leader

Jacqueline,

We also like having two languages displayed at once. It's goes against the
design a bit, but we've tended to just include one language in the caption
and one in the hint. That's at least a simple work-around.

Best,

Chris

··· On Monday, August 6, 2012, jfiore wrote:

Hello,

I am working on a research study that is collecting data on a Samsung
Android tablet with 10" screen (not a phone). I built the forms for the
study using XLSForms with two languages for the label field. The XML
version of the forms upload without errors to the tablet. To prevent data
collection errors in the field, I would like to display both languages for
each label field at the same time on the device. This is different from the
current set-up where you have to select one language at a time using: blank
form -> menu -> change language.

The reason for this request is that some of our field collectors are
fluent in our default language (English), however the interviews for our
study will be conducted in a local language.

Please let me know if displaying both languages for the field label is
possible.

Thank you,

Jacqueline Fiore
ICEMR Malawi
Data Core Leader

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <javascript:;>
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Thank you for the tip, Chris!

··· On Monday, August 6, 2012 6:21:22 PM UTC+2, Chris wrote: > > Jacqueline, > > We also like having two languages displayed at once. It's goes against the > design a bit, but we've tended to just include one language in the caption > and one in the hint. That's at least a simple work-around. > > Best, > > Chris > > On Monday, August 6, 2012, jfiore wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> I am working on a research study that is collecting data on a Samsung >> Android tablet with 10" screen (not a phone). I built the forms for the >> study using XLSForms with two languages for the label field. The XML >> version of the forms upload without errors to the tablet. To prevent data >> collection errors in the field, I would like to display both languages for >> each label field at the same time on the device. This is different from the >> current set-up where you have to select one language at a time using: blank >> form -> menu -> change language. >> >> The reason for this request is that some of our field collectors are >> fluent in our default language (English), however the interviews for our >> study will be conducted in a local language. >> >> Please let me know if displaying both languages for the field label is >> possible. >> >> Thank you, >> >> Jacqueline Fiore >> ICEMR Malawi >> Data Core Leader >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >