Do I REALLY need an SD card for ODK Collect?

Looking at new Android devices, my old one has an SD Card reader, and ODK Collect works great on it.

This new one, the "Google Nexus 6" does not have an SD card slot -- does this mean filling out forms using ODK Collect is a no-go?

I'm basically geotagging local city infrastructure, I'll always have data coverage.

lastly, YES I've read the website: "There must be an external SDCard on the device. Most Android 4.x devices have one of these built-in. Older Android 2.x devices generally do not and require that one be installed (typically in a slot near your SIM card). If ODK Collect fails to start, it is likely because the SDCard has become unseated or is missing. Re-seat or install the SDCard and try again."

But who knows how old this is, or maybe its only required for rural locations.

Cheers!

Have you tried ODK Collect on it? That is probably the best way to confirm
that it works.

The requirement still applies, and the comments about 4.x devices having
these "built-in" still applies.

If you can't install ODK Collect to confirm, then if you can open a file
manager on the device, if the device has a /sdcard in the file system, and
you can create directories and copy files into those directories under the
/sdcard, then it should work.

ยทยทยท On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM, wrote: > > Looking at new Android devices, my old one has an SD Card reader, and ODK > Collect works great on it. > > This new one, the "Google Nexus 6" does not have an SD card slot -- does > this mean filling out forms using ODK Collect is a no-go? > > I'm basically geotagging local city infrastructure, I'll always have data > coverage. > > lastly, YES I've read the website: "There must be an external SDCard on > the device. Most Android 4.x devices have one of these built-in. Older > Android 2.x devices generally do not and require that one be installed > (typically in a slot near your SIM card). If ODK Collect fails to start, it > is likely because the SDCard has become unseated or is missing. Re-seat or > install the SDCard and try again." > > But who knows how old this is, or maybe its only required for rural > locations. > > Cheers! > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

i do not have the device yet, i was hoping to see if ODK collect still requires an SD card, or if anyone has tried the app with the Nexus 6 (or a device without SD capabilities)