Downloading 'customized' data from ODK Central

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
We have recently switched to using ODK Central, and I have a question with regard to downloading our data. I managed to download the data as .csv file, but I noticed all group names are still mentioned, which makes variables rather long. I also did not manage to automatically split 'select_multiple' variables into multiple dummies. I was wondering whether something like this is possible, to make data processing easier?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
We're using ODK Central, which I'm accessing in Chrome.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I looked at the possibilities for downloading on ODK Central and online, but did not find the answer.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
In any form in ODK Central, click 'download data' and see whether it's possible to specify download possibilities.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

2 Likes

Hi @e.smits ,

you can download the data using ODK Briefcase
In Briefcase you have the option to export the data as CSV removing group names and split select multiple.

1 Like

For now @aurdipas is right that Briefcase is your best bet. We know this is something that's important to users and hope to address it from Central sooner than later.

1 Like