Embedded images in select_one questions in groups

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am currently trying to revise an old form. I would like to use the group function with relevant. With a select_one query, photos are available for each answer. Without the function mentioned above, these are also displayed. But if I include the question and answers in a group with a relevant function, the photos will no longer be displayed. In the screenshot you see the old form, in the second the revised form.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Odk collect 1.26.3 beta
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I just put the row in Excel into a group. Nothing relevant or other functions in the form have been changed
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Google table with a snippet

Hi @Dominik1
could you attach you form along with images for testing? (as a zip file for example) I tried to reproduce the issue using my forms but to no avail so maybe there is something special about your one.

Hi
and thanks for looking
I didnt change anything in choicessheet.
In Surveysheet I copy/pasted the Row . No changes to "relevant" or something else

ODK_Test_GroupImages-media.zip (359.8 KB) ODK_Test_GroupImages.xlsx (13.8 KB)

I investigated your form and looks like there is a problem when we use choice_filter
and images I'm going to report it and investigate deeper because it will require fixing. For now to unblock you I would recommend implementing changes in your form to get rid of that choice_filter you can achieve the same having two separate questions (WEGETYP) for for options 1 and another for options 2. I highlighted implemented changes in yellow so please take a look:
ODK_Test_GroupImages.xlsx (9.9 KB)

Many thanks for the help. That seems like a possibility. The file that I provided was unfortunately only a section of the original form. It is very complex and similar constellations also occur with the following questions. Then I would have to adapt the form more than I thought.
The original form works, so there is no necessary for me to change it. I just wanted to try it
Would be nice if this function in odk collect would work with choicefilter in the future.

In case you are interested in tracking the progress here is the link to the issue: https://github.com/getodk/collect/issues/3817

1 Like

The problem turns out to be in how the form is expressed when converted from XLSForm. I think it should work as expected if you add another column to your choices sheet with a label for some language (e.g. label::English). This will force the XLSForm converter to introduce an itext block which is what both translations and media use.

I've filed an issue at https://github.com/XLSForm/pyxform/issues/464.