Error 500 at server submission

I have collected data with different android mobile devices, they are sending data but not 100% some are sending 20%, then it brings error 500 in form submission.
I have tried to reconfigure the server details but its not successful.




I'd love to help, but your post does not contain enough information for me to answer your question. In general, the best way to get help is to fill out the questions in the pre-filled template that you get when you create a support post. So, with that in mind, can you answer these questions?

  1. What ODK tools and version are you using? And on what devices and operating system version?
  2. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
  3. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, please attach.

I'm running odk collect version 1.13.1. am using samsung, huawei, tecno and infinix phones.

These devices have not failed 100% to sent the data but it is submitting like 20% of the data that is the problem.

After some point it is bringing the following error:

500 errors are on the server. Look at your server logs. Do they offer any clues?

Not at all they all seem ok but but the data is not coming 100%

im running on a linux server connected to a SQL database.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Error 500 on Aggregate with DB trigger

What ODK Aggregate version are you using? And what database (MySQL or PostgreSQL) versions

500 errors are generally logged. So look at all the logs of the server (Aggregate, Tomcat, your DB, etc) and try to find the exceptions.

If something has changed with your deployment (more forms, more enumerators), that might be the problem. If you have any customizations, that might be the problem.

Until you can provide more specifics, it's going to be hard to figure out what the problem is.

Dear @yanokwa and all here,
I seem to have this same problem mentioned in the subject while attempting to submit records to our server.
I'm using ODK Collect 1.28.4 on Samsung tabA tablets, Aggregate v2.0.3, MySQL Server 5.7 version 5.7.27-log.
It so happens that the records which are having this problem are those with pictures captured within the form.
I cannot seem to make sense of the logs.
See a snapshot of how the logs look like for that particular submission failure

Looking forward to some assistance