Error: Expecting parameters to be in the form of 'parameter1=value parameter2=value'

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hi,

i just created a form in Excel: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i88iz4jXWx65tVNy4lmA8T6xyl2zL-MX?usp=sharing

but when i try to transform it in .xml with XLSForm online an error appear : "Error: Expecting parameters to be in the form of 'parameter1=value parameter2=value'."

can you please help me to understand where are my mistakes in the form ?

thanks in advance

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

i don't realy know where is the problem, that's the issue here

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

try with my files

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Dear @Jeanb,

there were errors on the parameters column for the range fields.
The correct way should be in the following example with start,end and step separated by semicolumn ";"

E.G: start=0;end=100;step=1

Plus in the relevant column conditions should be combined in "and" or "or".

Last issue was on column 41 where you defined a variable name using an accented character "é" that is not permitted.
The attached form goes through the compiler but check the relevant column. I transformed all in "or" conditions but maybe you want some "and" conditions.

formulaire_ortho.xlsx (23.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help Aurdipas !

It's now work perfeclty , i replace the 'or' by some 'and'

for the semicolumn ";" separation beetween sart end and step, the exemple in XLSForm.org does not show this, that why i make the mistake :

if i find some other problems i'll came back

thanks again

Jean

@Jeanb, please check here for the right example.

OK thanks again aurdipas !

You can use spaces as separators between the parameters but what you can't do is have spaces around the =. That is, start=0 end=17 step=1 is valid but start = 0 end = 17 step = 1 is not. (Sorry)

3 Likes