ERROR GETTING FORM LIST - ODKCollect

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have configured ODK central successfully but whenever i try to get blank form from ODK Collect it issues an error message "Form Listing Failed. getXML failed while accessing https://MYDOMAIN/formlist with status code: 404"

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using Digital Ocean Servers ( 1 GB Memory / 25 GB Disk / FRA1 - Docker 19.03.12 on Ubuntu 20.04)

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have reconfigured the server 3 times, re-installed ODKCollect on Android phone but same problem persists

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
If access is required, i can provide credentials.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

It sounds like Collect can't find your server on your network. Go to your server URL in your phone's web browser, does it load there?

Collect needs a project URL with built-in credentials to connect to Central, not just your base domain. Did you scan an App User QR code to configure Collect? You can read more in the documentation. There's also a checklist on the form overview page that will guide you through configuring your devices.

Thank You Joseph for the feedback.
By the way, the server URL is accessible in my phone web browser and i am able to log in it successfully without any problem.

Regards

Thanks LN.
I have created App users, given them right to access the form and also scanned the QR code with the phone i have configured the ODKCollect. I am counter checking again but i have followed the documentation keenly.

Regards

One other thing I just remembered that I sometimes forget is that App Users need to be explicitly given access to new forms that you add: https://docs.getodk.org/central-projects/#managing-form-access. I think an App User without any access to forms would get a 404 on their formList.

Thanks LN. Its now working. I had not explicitly given users the access to new forms. Thank You so much.

Regards

1 Like