Error in form upload in ODK app on my phone

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
I have designed my form in excel 2019. I saved my form as xmlSpreadsheet format and tried uploading my form on the app, linked to my google drive. The form gets downloaded using "Get a blank form" option. But when I select "Fill a blank form", it gives error and I get blank screen. My form has image as well as video data in it.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
create a form, save as xml, upload using google drive , download and test on phone app.

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
I tried removing image and video widgets, also tried adding instance_name in settings tab. I also tried renaming my file and removed all the digits in the file name, double checked for spaces.

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.
datalogger.xlsx (13.2 KB)

The ODK ecosystems use XML form definitions following the ODK XForms specification, a subset of the W3C XForms specification. You'll need to convert an XLSX file using one of the ODK tools, not just save from Excel to XML format. You can test a form using https://getodk.org/xlsform/. There's a great deal of detail on authoring forms in the documentation:

Welcome to the ODK forum, @yogita_karpate! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

1 Like

thanks @danbjoseph for your suggestion. I managed to convert my file in xml and it is working fine.

2 Likes