Error Occurred: Multiple matching form definitions exist. (forms with Jan 01, 2000 date)

Hello,

I am using Asus Transformer tablets for field data collection with ODK
Collect v1.2. We encountered a problem on one of our tablets when a pop-up
box appeared regarding an Asus System Firmware Update. The data collector
assigned to this tablet accepted the firmware update. Immediately after the
firmware update was complete, she tried to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK
Collect. After selecting "Fill Blank Form," she noticed that there were
duplicate copies of each form in the "Fill Blank Form" section of ODK
Collect. The one difference was that below the form title, the time stamp
displays, "Added on Sat, Jan 01, 2000" instead of the real date the form
was added.

The data collector ignored instructions to only enter data on the forms
with the submission date (year 2012). When she tried to "Edit Saved Form,"
she is not able to modify the data for the year 2000 forms and is receiving
the message, "Error Occurred: Multiple matching form definitions exist."

What steps should we take to confirm the data entered on the year 2000
forms was not corrupted and how can we modify those data?

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore
Malawi ICEMR

I have seen this happen on other firmware upgrades. The file system
gets changed and collect thinks the files has changed so it re-adds
all the forms so that things are entered twice.

Not to worry, everything is actually saved on the SDcard (or internal
memory depending on the device) in the ODK directory. I would mount
the devices SDCard/memory to a computer to view the saved forms in the
"instances" folder. You can then upload the saved forms you want to
save to Aggregate (or whatever server you are using). Aggregate's
manual submission upload button is located under the 'Form Management
Tab' and the 'Submission Admin' subtab.

After you safely retrieve all your data you need to clean up the ODK
collect database. I recommend either doing a force stop on ODK collect
to make sure it's shut down (If you don't know how to do a force stop
simply powering on and off the phone will do that... after the phone
is turned on do NOT launch Collect as once it's launched it will need
to be forced stopped again).

After you are sure collect is stopped delete the 'metadata' directory
from the 'ODK' directory on the SDCard/internal memory. When collect
starts up again it should automatically regenerate the metadata and
everything should be fixed.

As a last resort you can wipe collect by both uninstalling collect and
deleting the 'ODK' directory on the SDCard/internal memory. Note you
need to do both to really get rid of all of Collect's settings.
However, hopefully removing the 'metadata' will restore things back to
a good state.

Regards,
Waylon

··· On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM, jfiore wrote: > Hello, > > I am using Asus Transformer tablets for field data collection with ODK > Collect v1.2. We encountered a problem on one of our tablets when a pop-up > box appeared regarding an Asus System Firmware Update. The data collector > assigned to this tablet accepted the firmware update. Immediately after the > firmware update was complete, she tried to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect. > After selecting "Fill Blank Form," she noticed that there were duplicate > copies of each form in the "Fill Blank Form" section of ODK Collect. The one > difference was that below the form title, the time stamp displays, "Added on > Sat, Jan 01, 2000" instead of the real date the form was added. > > The data collector ignored instructions to only enter data on the forms with > the submission date (year 2012). When she tried to "Edit Saved Form," she is > not able to modify the data for the year 2000 forms and is receiving the > message, "Error Occurred: Multiple matching form definitions exist." > > What steps should we take to confirm the data entered on the year 2000 forms > was not corrupted and how can we modify those data? > > Thank you, > Jacqueline Fiore > Malawi ICEMR > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Is it possible to retrieve the original data using excel maps coz am not using aggregate due to inconsistent internet connection? I have the same problem Jfiore has.
I hope somebody has some idea.

··· On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:17:59 PM UTC+3, jfiore wrote: > Hello, > > I am using Asus Transformer tablets for field data collection with ODK Collect v1.2. We encountered a problem on one of our tablets when a pop-up box appeared regarding an Asus System Firmware Update. The data collector assigned to this tablet accepted the firmware update. Immediately after the firmware update was complete, she tried to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect. After selecting "Fill Blank Form," she noticed that there were duplicate copies of each form in the "Fill Blank Form" section of ODK Collect. The one difference was that below the form title, the time stamp displays, "Added on Sat, Jan 01, 2000" instead of the real date the form was added. > > The data collector ignored instructions to only enter data on the forms with the submission date (year 2012). When she tried to "Edit Saved Form," she is not able to modify the data for the year 2000 forms and is receiving the message, "Error Occurred: Multiple matching form definitions exist." > > What steps should we take to confirm the data entered on the year 2000 forms was not corrupted and how can we modify those data? > > Thank you, > Jacqueline Fiore > Malawi ICEMR

Is this really the same issue? Are you getting the multiple matching
form definitions message? Are you also using Collect 1.2? Are you also
using Asus Transformers with new firmware? Do you also have dates on
Jan 01, 2000?

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM, abara unouah@gmail.com wrote:

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:17:59 PM UTC+3, jfiore wrote:

Hello,

I am using Asus Transformer tablets for field data collection with ODK Collect v1.2. We encountered a problem on one of our tablets when a pop-up box appeared regarding an Asus System Firmware Update. The data collector assigned to this tablet accepted the firmware update. Immediately after the firmware update was complete, she tried to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect. After selecting "Fill Blank Form," she noticed that there were duplicate copies of each form in the "Fill Blank Form" section of ODK Collect. The one difference was that below the form title, the time stamp displays, "Added on Sat, Jan 01, 2000" instead of the real date the form was added.

The data collector ignored instructions to only enter data on the forms with the submission date (year 2012). When she tried to "Edit Saved Form," she is not able to modify the data for the year 2000 forms and is receiving the message, "Error Occurred: Multiple matching form definitions exist."

What steps should we take to confirm the data entered on the year 2000 forms was not corrupted and how can we modify those data?

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore
Malawi ICEMR

Is it possible to retrieve the original data using excel maps coz am not using aggregate due to inconsistent internet connection? I have the same problem Jfiore has.
I hope somebody has some idea.

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.