Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?

Hi Guys,

I came across many posts talking about this problem, I passed my form to
ODK validate, it is valid, however the server keeps showing the message
whenever I try to upload this new form.

"Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:
org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa
failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?"

Any thought on this?

Here is the validation results:
Parsing form...
Title: "Wash community profile v1.0 ????? ??????? ??????"

Xform parsing completed! See above for any warnings.

Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item].
If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete
form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that
what you intended?

Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If this
occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete form),
the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that what you
intended?

warning: previous choices not cleared out
what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

what you intended?

intended?

Xform is valid! See above for any warnings.

Thanks,

ODK Validate is not enough to check if your form is 100% valid to be
uploaded to Aggregate server. What I did to resolve this issue is to split
my form and upload it many times to get the root of the problem, it is was
due to wrong constraint, in programming, we call it exception. So ODK
validate didn't catch exceptions.

Thanks for reading my post.

··· On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:32:04 AM UTC+3, Hanan Aqilan wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > I came across many posts talking about this problem, I passed my form to > ODK validate, it is valid, however the server keeps showing the message > whenever I try to upload this new form. > > "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: > org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa > failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?" > > Any thought on this? > > > Here is the validation results: > Parsing form... > Title: "Wash community profile v1.0 ????? ??????? ??????" > > > >> Xform parsing completed! See above for any warnings. > > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > > > >> Xform is valid! See above for any warnings. > > > Thanks, >

The issue that I was using a variable in the relevant field of the same
group that contains this variable for example:

Begin group
test_variable >=10
integer test_variable

This is the case, this is an exception, but it passed through ODK validate.

Thanks, -Hanan

··· On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:32:04 AM UTC+3, Hanan Aqilan wrote: > > Hi Guys, > > I came across many posts talking about this problem, I passed my form to > ODK validate, it is valid, however the server keeps showing the message > whenever I try to upload this new form. > > "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: > org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa > failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?" > > Any thought on this? > > > Here is the validation results: > Parsing form... > Title: "Wash community profile v1.0 ????? ??????? ??????" > > > >> Xform parsing completed! See above for any warnings. > > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If > this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > warning: previous choices not cleared out > > > >> Xform is valid! See above for any warnings. > > > Thanks, >

Hey Mitch,

I posted an issue to GitHub group along with a snap as I couldn't upload
the excel.

I couldn't upload here as it shows me "There was an upload error" even
compressed file.

Please have look at the posted issue.

The issue when I try to upload it to the aggregate server, it doesn't
accept it, but the validate didn't catch it as well.

Regards,

-Hanan

Here is the XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<h:html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms"
xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:jr="http://openrosa.org/javarosa"
xmlns:orx="http://openrosa.org/xforms"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<h:head>
<h:title>Community_v1.0</h:title>

today

subscriberid

Is there a local entity taking responsibility of
managing water supply, waste water and solid waste?

SIM serial

start

end

deviceid

phone number

How many entities taking responsibility of managing
water supply, waste water and solid waste?

<form.information.waste.management.g1>
<waste.management.entity/>
<waste.management.count/>
</form.information.waste.management.g1>

</h:head>
<h:body>

Yes
yes

No
no

</h:body>
</h:html>

The version is v1.4.3 Production.

Thanks,

Also this is the version of ODK validate I use:

ODK Validate 1.4.5 for ODK Collect v1.4.5 and newer.jar

This version didn't catch the exception, and our server cough it as I
couldn't upload it without tracing the issue by splitting the ODK form into
pieces.

Thank you Mitch! I will try it and post back the results.

Regards,
-Hanan

If you have a very small form with the constraint failure, please create an
issue on github https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/issues with that
form as an example.

If the error occurs when uploading a form definition, we should be able to
detect and report this problem in ODK Validate.

··· On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Hanan Aqilan wrote:

ODK Validate is not enough to check if your form is 100% valid to be
uploaded to Aggregate server. What I did to resolve this issue is to split
my form and upload it many times to get the root of the problem, it is was
due to wrong constraint, in programming, we call it exception. So ODK
validate didn't catch exceptions.

Thanks for reading my post.

On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:32:04 AM UTC+3, Hanan Aqilan wrote:

Hi Guys,

Any thought on this?

Parsing form...

Dynamic select question has no choices!
[instance(subdistrict)/root/item]. If this occurs while filling out a form
(and not while saving an incomplete form), the filter condition may have
eliminated all the choices. Is that what you intended?

Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(town)/root/item]. If
this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete
what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

Thanks,

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Hmm. Do you have the XLS file?

Mimicing your snippit, this one works fine:

conditional_group.xlsx (8.74 KB)

··· On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Hanan Aqilan wrote:

The issue that I was using a variable in the relevant field of the same
group that contains this variable for example:

Begin group
test_variable >=10
integer test_variable

This is the case, this is an exception, but it passed through ODK validate.

Thanks, -Hanan

Hi Guys,

Any thought on this?

Parsing form...

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

Thanks,

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Works fine for me. See
https://msundt-agg-test2.appspot.com/Aggregate.html#management/forms///

What version of ODK Aggregate are you using?

··· On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:37 AM, Hanan Aqilan wrote:

Here is the XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<h:html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms" xmlns:ev="
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events" xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:jr="http://openrosa.org/javarosa" xmlns:orx="
http://openrosa.org/xforms" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<h:head>
<h:title>Community_v1.0</h:title>

today

subscriberid

Is there a local entity taking responsibility of
managing water supply, waste water and solid waste?

SIM serial

start

end

deviceid

phone number

How many entities taking responsibility of managing
water supply, waste water and solid waste?

<form.information.waste.management.g1>
<waste.management.entity/>
<waste.management.count/>
</form.information.waste.management.g1>

</h:head>
<h:body>

Yes
yes

No
no

</h:body>
</h:html>

Hi Guys,

Any thought on this?

Parsing form...

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

Thanks,

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

You might be using a function not available in 1.4.3. Try validating using
ODK Validate 1.4.3.

The older versions are available on our downloads page:

Click on "Previous Versions"

··· On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Hanan Aqilan wrote:

Also this is the version of ODK validate I use:

ODK Validate 1.4.5 for ODK Collect v1.4.5 and newer.jar

This version didn't catch the exception, and our server cough it as I
couldn't upload it without tracing the issue by splitting the ODK form into
pieces.

Hi Guys,

Any thought on this?

Parsing form...

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

what you intended?

Thanks,

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com