Error with setting up App User on ODK Central

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Setup app user account
Scan in QR code into ODK Collect on Mobile phone
Click GET BLANK FORMS
Error:
Form Listing failed.
Parsing failed with unable to resolve host "odk-survey.lshtm.ac.uk": No address associated with hostname whole accessing https://odk-survey.lshtm.ac.uk/api/v1/key/blah blah/formList.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK Central most recent beta
ODK Collect 1.17.2

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Manually enter server URL and username
Same error

I'm not seeing this host either:

MBSs-MacBook-Pro:~ mbsgoget$ ping odk-survey.lshtm.ac.uk
ping: cannot resolve odk-survey.lshtm.ac.uk: Unknown host

If you have the IP address you could try that instead, whilst you figure out why your hostname isnt showing up in any DNS entries

Its not outward facing yet (i.e it is accessible only if you are on the university network) but my phone was on the university network so should have worked

Can you reach the host from your phone's browser? Does using the IP address instead help? (that'll at least take DNS issues out of the problem)

1 Like

Yeah, I think @Xiphware is on the right question track, given the message "No address associated with hostname". That means your phone doesn't even know where the server would be to talk to, which hints at a networking problem.

Ok it turned out I was on mobile data, once I turned that off and forced the phone to only use university WiFi I was able to collect through.
Let the testing of ODK Central commence!

2 Likes