External app is not available, a manual input is NOT prompt

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I'm trying to use the external app widget to retrieve a String value from another app. But when the external app is not installed, i have the error message saying "The requested application is missing. Please manually enter the reading". I saw the manual input but this one disappears just before appearing ! So i cannot enter the value manually..

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I use a previous version of ODKCollect (just know that the database version is 4). I am using Android version 8.1.0

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Nothing yet as I didn't know what to do in this situation

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

• use the external app widget

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.forms.zip (28.1 KB)

Thanks a lot for your help

@Ditique

I've never experienced behavior like that and I'm sorry you have such a problem. The filed should appear and be visible unless you, for example, rotate your device. Did you do that maybe?

If not please tell us, what ODK Collect version you use.

1 Like

Dear @Grzesiek2010,

Many thanks for your reply, i will investigate and come back to you with this information. I need to check as it was a tuned fork long time ago.