Failure to publish/upload forms to odk aggregate

Hi All,

When we try to publish/upload forms to odk aggregate we are receiving this message, "Problem parsing submission XML org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKParseException: Error processing new form: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Too few columns to subdivide instance table! odk_strataa.CHRONIC_CONSNT_V01_CORE12". The problem has started after we upgraded to the latest version of odk aggregate and tomcat 8.5.15

I had similar problem at the beginning. It was onde of three problems:

1st. First it was IP related. The IP for my laptop (where I hosted the Aggregate) was not static in the router. so what I did was set a static IP for my laptop in that router (the one I use to communicate de devices with the server).

2nd. Second was a problem with the ports, I had to open the firewall for the ports I choose for my server so the smartphones can pass through and communicate with aggregate.

These two steps solved the communication issue.

3rd. You have to make sure that you configured the right address int the smartphones and the username and password as well.

Bests,
R

This only solves the issue of tablets failing to upload data to aggregate, but the main problem is uploading form definition to aggregate so that they can be downloaded onto the tablets/phone ready for data collection. Thats where we get this message, "Problem parsing submission XML org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKParseException: Error processing new form: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Too few columns to subdivide instance table! odk_strataa.CHRONIC_CONSNT_V01_CORE12".

I've never seen this error before, so there might be a bug with Aggregate or an issue with your form.

Can you share the smallest form you have that has this problem? Also, what versions of Aggregate does it fail on and what versions does it work on?

Strataa_Chronic_Carrier_Consent_v01.xlsx (21.6 KB)
It is failing on aggregate version 1.4.13 and we were previously using 1.4.6

I have found the solution, the problem was that when we upgraded to new version of aggregate we did not upgrade the version of MySQL. Now we have upgraded to MySQL 5.7 it now works.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: "Too few columns to subdivide instance table!" from Aggregate