Failure to upload forms to Aggregate

Hi there,

after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies of the same table.

I'm using ODK Aggregate version 1.0 with postgresql (according to the pom.xml file), but with a a few modifications where I've added an extra servlet that sends information to the phones from the server when requested to.

The error message is as follows:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form id elem+uuid:uuid:06ac2c0c-3f96-495b-a3df-8c6c3d233c3c (00000001) Child already defined for ordinal 1

org.opendatakit.aggregate.datamodel.FormDataModel.setChild(FormDataModel.java:
414)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition.(FormDefinition.java:
509)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.initHelper(FormParserForJavaRosa.java:
629)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.(FormParserForJavaRosa.java:
414)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:
244)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:368)

org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
109)

org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
83)
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380)

org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:
97)

org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:
100)

org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:
54)

org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:
35)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:
187)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:
319)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:
78)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:
105)

org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:
79)

org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:
109)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:
169)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
237)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
167)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.

Thanks so much for the help!

Lu

Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There could
be any number of changes since then addressing this issue.

I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin with
the search for an issue in the 1.0 code.

··· On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, wrote:

Hi there,

after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading the
form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big problem
because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a different form
ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the nature of the
clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather update the form
using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form ID. Do you know
why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally different form that
uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the form ID to the
problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into an infinite
loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies of the same
table.

I'm using ODK Aggregate version 1.0 with postgresql (according to the
pom.xml file), but with a a few modifications where I've added an extra
servlet that sends information to the phones from the server when requested
to.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form id
elem+uuid:uuid:06ac2c0c-3f96-495b-a3df-8c6c3d233c3c (00000001) Child
already defined for ordinal 1

414)

509)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.initHelper(FormParserForJavaRosa.java:
629)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.(FormParserForJavaRosa.java:
414)

org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java:
244)

org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
109)

org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
83)

org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:
97)

org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:
100)

org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:
54)

org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:
35)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:
187)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java:
319)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:
78)

org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:
105)

org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:
79)

org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:
109)

org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:
169)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
237)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
167)
Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.

Lu

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch! How do I do a merge like that? Is there a good command for doing that in Windows?

Best wishes,

Lu

··· On Monday, March 17, 2014 4:46:38 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote: > Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There could be any number of changes since then addressing this issue. > > > I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin with the search for an issue in the 1.0 code. > > > > > > > > > On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, wrote: > > Hi there, > > > > after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies of the same table. > > > > > I'm using ODK Aggregate version 1.0 with postgresql (according to the pom.xml file), but with a a few modifications where I've added an extra servlet that sends information to the phones from the server when requested to. > > > > > The error message is as follows: > > > > HTTP Status 500 - > > > > type Exception report > > > > message > > > > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented > > it from fulfilling this request. > > > > exception > > > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form id elem+uuid:uuid:06ac2c0c-3f96-495b-a3df-8c6c3d233c3c (00000001) Child already defined for ordinal 1 > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.datamodel.FormDataModel.setChild(FormDataModel.java: > > 414) > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition.(FormDefinition.java: > > 509) > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.initHelper(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > 629) > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > 414) > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java: > > 244) > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:368) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > 109) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > 83) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java: > > 97) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java: > > 100) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java: > > 54) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java: > > 35) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java: > > 187) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java: > > 319) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java: > > 78) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java: > > 105) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java: > > 79) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java: > > 109) > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: > > 169) > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > 237) > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > 167) > > note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache > > Tomcat/6.0.33 logs. > > > > Thanks so much for the help! > > > > Lu > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com

On Windows, I like to use TortoiseHg and WinMerge . They generally give
reasonable displays when doing more complex merges.

I recommend merging against the v1.4.2 Production tag in the repo, rather
than the uiexperiment code tip (which is not considered stable).

The easiest migration path is likely to be, once you have a merge, to
upgrade successively with the stock ODK Aggregate releases between the
version you are running and the 1.4.2 version, following the upgrade steps
detailed in our release notes:
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes There are
several manual database actions required at various points in the
migrations.

Once you have the latest stock version of ODK Aggregate running on your
system, then you can deploy your merge with the additional servlets.

Once you are beyond 1.2, you should be able to simply upload new form
versions without needing to delete the prior form version.

··· On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM, wrote:

Thanks Mitch! How do I do a merge like that? Is there a good command for
doing that in Windows?

Best wishes,

Lu

On Monday, March 17, 2014 4:46:38 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote:

Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There
could be any number of changes since then addressing this issue.

I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin
with the search for an issue in the 1.0 code.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, tcluc...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there,

after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading
the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big
problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a
different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the
nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather
update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form
ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally
different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the
form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into
an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies
of the same table.

to.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

exception

Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.

Lu

--

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Oh wow, TortoiseHg and WinMerge are so useful!!! Thanks a lot!

··· On Monday, March 17, 2014 7:44:52 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote: > On Windows, I like to use TortoiseHg and WinMerge . They generally give reasonable displays when doing more complex merges. > > > I recommend merging against the v1.4.2 Production tag in the repo, rather than the uiexperiment code tip (which is not considered stable). > > > The easiest migration path is likely to be, once you have a merge, to upgrade successively with the stock ODK Aggregate releases between the version you are running and the 1.4.2 version, following the upgrade steps detailed in our release notes: http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes There are several manual database actions required at various points in the migrations. > > > Once you have the latest stock version of ODK Aggregate running on your system, then you can deploy your merge with the additional servlets. > Once you are beyond 1.2, you should be able to simply upload new form versions without needing to delete the prior form version. > > > > > > > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM, wrote: > > Thanks Mitch! How do I do a merge like that? Is there a good command for doing that in Windows? > > > > Best wishes, > > > > Lu > > > > > On Monday, March 17, 2014 4:46:38 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > > Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There could be any number of changes since then addressing this issue. > > > > > > > > > I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin with the search for an issue in the 1.0 code. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, wrote: > > > > > > Hi there, > > > > > > > > > > > > after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies of the same table. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm using ODK Aggregate version 1.0 with postgresql (according to the pom.xml file), but with a a few modifications where I've added an extra servlet that sends information to the phones from the server when requested to. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The error message is as follows: > > > > > > > > > > > > HTTP Status 500 - > > > > > > > > > > > > type Exception report > > > > > > > > > > > > message > > > > > > > > > > > > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented > > > > > > it from fulfilling this request. > > > > > > > > > > > > exception > > > > > > > > > > > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form id elem+uuid:uuid:06ac2c0c-3f96-495b-a3df-8c6c3d233c3c (00000001) Child already defined for ordinal 1 > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.datamodel.FormDataModel.setChild(FormDataModel.java: > > > > > > 414) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition.(FormDefinition.java: > > > > > > 509) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.initHelper(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > > > > > 629) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > > > > > 414) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java: > > > > > > 244) > > > > > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) > > > > > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:368) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > > > > > 109) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > > > > > 83) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java: > > > > > > 97) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java: > > > > > > 100) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java: > > > > > > 54) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java: > > > > > > 35) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java: > > > > > > 187) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java: > > > > > > 319) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java: > > > > > > 78) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java: > > > > > > 105) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java: > > > > > > 79) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java: > > > > > > 109) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: > > > > > > 169) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > > > > > 237) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > > > > > 167) > > > > > > note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache > > > > > > Tomcat/6.0.33 logs. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much for the help! > > > > > > > > > > > > Lu > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > > > > > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > > > > > > > --- > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > > > > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Mitch Sundt > > > Software Engineer > > > University of Washington > > > mitche...@gmail.com > > > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com

I installed and merged the new Aggregate and then I discovered the error that gave rise to the original problem:

One of the data types in the underlying postgresql table did not match the data type it should be (it was string, but it should be integer). I had changed it at some point and after I changed it back, everything worked again in both versions of Aggregate.

The catalina log in Tomcat was useful for troubleshooting this error actually.

··· On Monday, March 17, 2014 7:44:52 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote: > On Windows, I like to use TortoiseHg and WinMerge . They generally give reasonable displays when doing more complex merges. > > > I recommend merging against the v1.4.2 Production tag in the repo, rather than the uiexperiment code tip (which is not considered stable). > > > The easiest migration path is likely to be, once you have a merge, to upgrade successively with the stock ODK Aggregate releases between the version you are running and the 1.4.2 version, following the upgrade steps detailed in our release notes: http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes There are several manual database actions required at various points in the migrations. > > > Once you have the latest stock version of ODK Aggregate running on your system, then you can deploy your merge with the additional servlets. > Once you are beyond 1.2, you should be able to simply upload new form versions without needing to delete the prior form version. > > > > > > > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM, wrote: > > Thanks Mitch! How do I do a merge like that? Is there a good command for doing that in Windows? > > > > Best wishes, > > > > Lu > > > > > On Monday, March 17, 2014 4:46:38 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > > Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There could be any number of changes since then addressing this issue. > > > > > > > > > I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin with the search for an issue in the 1.0 code. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, wrote: > > > > > > Hi there, > > > > > > > > > > > > after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies of the same table. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm using ODK Aggregate version 1.0 with postgresql (according to the pom.xml file), but with a a few modifications where I've added an extra servlet that sends information to the phones from the server when requested to. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The error message is as follows: > > > > > > > > > > > > HTTP Status 500 - > > > > > > > > > > > > type Exception report > > > > > > > > > > > > message > > > > > > > > > > > > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented > > > > > > it from fulfilling this request. > > > > > > > > > > > > exception > > > > > > > > > > > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form id elem+uuid:uuid:06ac2c0c-3f96-495b-a3df-8c6c3d233c3c (00000001) Child already defined for ordinal 1 > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.datamodel.FormDataModel.setChild(FormDataModel.java: > > > > > > 414) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.form.FormDefinition.(FormDefinition.java: > > > > > > 509) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.initHelper(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > > > > > 629) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.parser.FormParserForJavaRosa.(FormParserForJavaRosa.java: > > > > > > 414) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.opendatakit.aggregate.servlet.FormUploadServlet.doPost(FormUploadServlet.java: > > > > > > 244) > > > > > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) > > > > > > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:368) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > > > > > 109) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java: > > > > > > 83) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java: > > > > > > 97) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java: > > > > > > 100) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java: > > > > > > 54) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java: > > > > > > 35) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java: > > > > > > 187) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.DigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(DigestAuthenticationFilter.java: > > > > > > 319) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java: > > > > > > 78) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java: > > > > > > 105) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java: > > > > > > 79) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.access.channel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilter(ChannelProcessingFilter.java: > > > > > > 109) > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy > > > > > > $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:380) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java: > > > > > > 169) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > > > > > 237) > > > > > > > > > > > > org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java: > > > > > > 167) > > > > > > note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache > > > > > > Tomcat/6.0.33 logs. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks so much for the help! > > > > > > > > > > > > Lu > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > > > > > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > > > > > > > --- > > > > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > > > > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Mitch Sundt > > > Software Engineer > > > University of Washington > > > mitche...@gmail.com > > > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com

Glad to hear you are back up and running.

The _VERSION field changed to a string around the time we solidified the
OpenRosa standards. I think that was in 1.1.

··· On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM, wrote:

I installed and merged the new Aggregate and then I discovered the error
that gave rise to the original problem:

One of the data types in the underlying postgresql table did not match the
data type it should be (it was string, but it should be integer). I had
changed it at some point and after I changed it back, everything worked
again in both versions of Aggregate.

The catalina log in Tomcat was useful for troubleshooting this error
actually.

On Monday, March 17, 2014 7:44:52 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote:

On Windows, I like to use TortoiseHg and WinMerge . They generally give
reasonable displays when doing more complex merges.

I recommend merging against the v1.4.2 Production tag in the repo,
rather than the uiexperiment code tip (which is not considered stable).

The easiest migration path is likely to be, once you have a merge, to
upgrade successively with the stock ODK Aggregate releases between the
version you are running and the 1.4.2 version, following the upgrade steps
detailed in our release notes:
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AggregateReleaseNotes There
are several manual database actions required at various points in the
migrations.

Once you have the latest stock version of ODK Aggregate running on your
system, then you can deploy your merge with the additional servlets.
Once you are beyond 1.2, you should be able to simply upload new form
versions without needing to delete the prior form version.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM, tcluc...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Mitch! How do I do a merge like that? Is there a good command for
doing that in Windows?

Best wishes,

Lu

On Monday, March 17, 2014 4:46:38 PM UTC, Mitch Sundt wrote:

Aggregate 1.0 is very old. We are up to 1.4 in the main branch. There
could be any number of changes since then addressing this issue.

I recommend you merge up to the tip. I don't know even where to begin
with the search for an issue in the 1.0 code.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, tcluc...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there,

after deleting a form that I've uploaded on Aggregate and re-uploading
the form a few days later, I got the following error. This is not a big
problem because it went away as soon as I uploaded the form with a
different form ID, however, it has happened several times and due to the
nature of the clinical trial in which I'm working I would much rather
update the form using the same form ID than upload a form with a new form
ID. Do you know why I get this error? I also tried uploading a totally
different form that uploads fine using its usual ID, but if I changed the
form ID to the problematic form ID then ODK Aggregate stalls and goes into
an infinite loop where it produces ever greater numbers of identical copies
of the same table.

to.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

exception

Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.

Lu

--

--

--

Mitch Sundt

Software Engineer

University of Washington

mitche...@gmail.com

--

--

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

"ODK Community" group.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com