would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
AJB
"Error: ODK Validate Errors: XPath Dependency Cycle:
/Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 => /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01
java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions
in relevant/calculate java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst
the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:2415)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:1590)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:341) at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:72)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) at
org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) at
org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)

··· >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid"

Hi AJB,
The error you are getting means there is probably something wrong with the
formula in the relevant or calculate column for the question named "P3.01".
Most likely the problem is that it is self-referential. If you could post
your XLSForm here or email it to me I can give you more specifics.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24:10 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: > > Hi, > I'm a first time ODK user working on a survey for Mali. So far I have > created a survey in xlsx. (excel) and am trying to load and "test"it. When > I tried to change the format using the http://opendatakit.org/use/xlsform/this error message came up (see below). Java Rose is downloaded. If anyone > knows what this error message is or another way to test my survey that > would be greatly appreciated. > Thanks, > AJB > "Error: ODK Validate Errors: XPath Dependency Cycle: > /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 => /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions > in relevant/calculate java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst > the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:2415) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:1590) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:341) at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) at > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:72) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) at > org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) at > org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) at > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) > at > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) > >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid" > >

Thanks that would be great. This is a test run so when I just deleted the
entire coloum it worked for form hub but it when loaded into the form
converter for for ODK I got this error message "
Error: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory" . With all these options for
publishing the ODK surveys which is the simplest?
Thanks,
Alison

Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1.xls (33 KB)

··· On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:23:27 PM UTC-4, Nathan wrote: > > Hi AJB, > The error you are getting means there is probably something wrong with the > formula in the relevant or calculate column for the question named "P3.01". > Most likely the problem is that it is self-referential. If you could post > your XLSForm here or email it to me I can give you more specifics. > Regards, > -Nathan > > On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24:10 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: >> >> Hi, >> I'm a first time ODK user working on a survey for Mali. So far I have >> created a survey in xlsx. (excel) and am trying to load and "test"it. When >> I tried to change the format using the >> http://opendatakit.org/use/xlsform/ this error message came up (see >> below). Java Rose is downloaded. If anyone knows what this error message is >> or another way to test my survey that would be greatly appreciated. >> Thanks, >> AJB >> "Error: ODK Validate Errors: XPath Dependency Cycle: >> /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 => /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 >> java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions >> in relevant/calculate java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst >> the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:2415) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:1590) >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:341) at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) at >> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:72) >> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) at >> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) at >> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) at >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) >> at >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) >> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at >> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) >> >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid" >> >>

The memory allocation error appears to be an intermittent error. If you try
uploading your form again hopefully you won't encounter it again.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:25:17 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: > > Thanks that would be great. This is a test run so when I just deleted the > entire coloum it worked for form hub but it when loaded into the form > converter for for ODK I got this error message " > Error: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory" . With all these options for > publishing the ODK surveys which is the simplest? > Thanks, > Alison > > On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:23:27 PM UTC-4, Nathan wrote: >> >> Hi AJB, >> The error you are getting means there is probably something wrong with >> the formula in the relevant or calculate column for the question named >> "P3.01". Most likely the problem is that it is self-referential. If you >> could post your XLSForm here or email it to me I can give you more >> specifics. >> Regards, >> -Nathan >> >> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24:10 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> I'm a first time ODK user working on a survey for Mali. So far I have >>> created a survey in xlsx. (excel) and am trying to load and "test"it. When >>> I tried to change the format using the >>> http://opendatakit.org/use/xlsform/ this error message came up (see >>> below). Java Rose is downloaded. If anyone knows what this error message is >>> or another way to test my survey that would be greatly appreciated. >>> Thanks, >>> AJB >>> "Error: ODK Validate Errors: XPath Dependency Cycle: >>> /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 => /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 >>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions >>> in relevant/calculate java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst >>> the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate at >>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:2415) >>> at >>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:1590) >>> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:341) at >>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) at >>> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:72) >>> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) at >>> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) at >>> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) at >>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at >>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) >>> at >>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) >>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at >>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) >>> >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid" >>> >>>

Thank you!!!!

··· On Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:42:18 PM UTC-4, Nathan wrote: > > The memory allocation error appears to be an intermittent error. If you > try uploading your form again hopefully you won't encounter it again. > Regards, > -Nathan > > On Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:25:17 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: >> >> Thanks that would be great. This is a test run so when I just deleted the >> entire coloum it worked for form hub but it when loaded into the form >> converter for for ODK I got this error message " >> Error: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory" . With all these options for >> publishing the ODK surveys which is the simplest? >> Thanks, >> Alison >> >> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:23:27 PM UTC-4, Nathan wrote: >>> >>> Hi AJB, >>> The error you are getting means there is probably something wrong with >>> the formula in the relevant or calculate column for the question named >>> "P3.01". Most likely the problem is that it is self-referential. If you >>> could post your XLSForm here or email it to me I can give you more >>> specifics. >>> Regards, >>> -Nathan >>> >>> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24:10 AM UTC-7, AJ RSPH wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi, >>>> I'm a first time ODK user working on a survey for Mali. So far I have >>>> created a survey in xlsx. (excel) and am trying to load and "test"it. When >>>> I tried to change the format using the >>>> http://opendatakit.org/use/xlsform/ this error message came up (see >>>> below). Java Rose is downloaded. If anyone knows what this error message is >>>> or another way to test my survey that would be greatly appreciated. >>>> Thanks, >>>> AJB >>>> "Error: ODK Validate Errors: XPath Dependency Cycle: >>>> /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 => /Mail_Pupil_Survey_Test1/P3.01 >>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions >>>> in relevant/calculate java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst >>>> the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate at >>>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:2415) >>>> at >>>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:1590) >>>> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:341) at >>>> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) at >>>> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:72) >>>> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) at >>>> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) at >>>> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) at >>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at >>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) >>>> at >>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) >>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at >>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) >>>> >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid" >>>> >>>>