Form conversion failing

Hello, I am unable to convert the file at this stage. To check, I tried converting the "old" files, which worked before, but those files also give an error. Will this bug be fixed? thank you for your attention.

I'm able to convert my test forms without a problem. Please share a copy of your form so we try can reproduce the problem.

Hi yanokwa
Thanks for you attention.
This is link of this Questionnaire which is uploaded with the help of Kobo : https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/x/eXLGmMAS
and this is Questionnaire (xlsx)
მოსახლეობის განწყობები 002.xlsx (103.8 KB)
Thank you David

Thanks very much for sharing the form source. It looks like it's a problem introduced with this recent change. @Lindsay_Stevens_Au and I will investigate and hopefully have a fix soon.

Hi LN, Thanks for your attention. It is important for me to use ( https://getodk.org/xlsform/ ). I'm not working unfortunately in (.xml). and I use it to create a questionnaire (.xlsx).
Hence this link helps me a lot in "checking the questionnaire" and then in the mic conversion and also "viewing the web version"
sorry for my English
With respect David

Thanks for the additional background, @David_Shoshitaishvil

@Lindsay_Stevens_Au has identified the cause: it's because you're using or_other with a form that has translations. This used to be accepted but put the English text Other for all languages. Now it causes the error that you've seen. We will either improve the error or allow this usage again.

I think it would be more useful to users to show a better error because I think form designers generally expect the text for other to be translated. Regardless of what change we make, I recommend using relevant to add the other option yourself.

Current

type name
select_one b1 or_other B1
list_name name label::Georgian (Ge) label::Armenian (Am)
a6 17 საქართველოს ტერიტორიულ მთლიანობის აღდგენის საკითხი 17. Վրաստանի տարածքային ամբողջականության վերականգնման հարցը
a6 18 ქართული ტრადიციების დაკარგვა 18. Վրացական ավանդույթների կորուստ
a6 or_other 19 სხვა (დაასახელეთ) Այլ (նշեք)

Recommended update

type name relevant
select_one b1 B1
text B1_other selected(${B1}, '19')
list_name name label::Georgian (Ge) label::Armenian (Am)
a6 17 საქართველოს ტერიტორიულ მთლიანობის აღდგენის საკითხი 17. Վրաստանի տարածքային ամբողջականության վերականգնման հարցը
a6 18 ქართული ტრადიციების დაკარგვა 18. Վրացական ավանդույթների կորուստ
a6 19 სხვა (დაასახელეთ) Այլ (նշեք)

That will give you all the same form fields but now you will be able to translate the text for "Other" yourself. It looks like that's what you were attempting to do by adding or_other to the list names. Unfortunately, that was just creating new lists that weren't used.

Thanks very much for time. This method solved my problem (although now I will have to add more actions :slight_smile: because I have been using the or_other function for several years and everything worked even when using several languages in the questionnaire between them)
Thank you David