Form fails to export when I include a trigger calculated from a select_one question type

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have a form where am calculating a trigger from a select one and the form is encrypted so am using ODK briefcase to export data. I am going to attach a much simpler form that I used to test the issue which is not encrypted.
When you have a trigger calculated from a select_one question type, I can be able to pull the form in ODK briefcase
but when I click on Export tab I can not get the form on the list of forms I can export data from.

trigger.xls (10.1 KB)
briefcase.zip (1.7 KB)

If I remove the trigger and replace my form online, am able to pull the form and the form appears on the list and I can export data.
I have attached the sample form here and briefcase log for reference
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using Ona.io as aggregate server
I have tested this on ODK briefcase V1.17.4 and ODK briefcase V1.18.0
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @samwata

I think you just need to remove that second trigger. Why do you need it? It seems like a mistake and it turns out that it's a problem for Briefcase.

@Grzesiek2010 Thank you for your response. Actually I have a different form which was failing and I created this form to demonstrate the issue I was facing on my main form. I have a select_one question type where users select name of booklet, then I have a text question where they enter full name. The main reason behind triggering on a select_one field is to clear the content of the full_name field in case someone changed the HH value because these two fields are related to each other
I have cleared some of the contents of my form and left the part that you can use to replicate the issue. Let me know if you have further questions survey (3).xlsx (13.1 KB)

Trigger should be used with calculations but you don't have any calculations in those questions (they are empty). If you want to clear answers you should use something like this: https://docs.getodk.org/form-logic/#id26 (or null maybe instead of ''). Please try it and let us know if it solves your problem.

1 Like

Hi @Grzesiek2010 Thank you, this now works fine when i use calculations.