Form styling is not applied in choices in Collect v1.18

What is the problem?
Form styling is not working in choices as former release did.

See this example in documentation: ODK Form Styling

It should work as image:

What ODK tool and version are you using?
ODK collect v1.18.0

And on what device and operating system version?
Android 8.0

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I upload to sanbox the example form as in docs: TestColorChoices.xlsx (9.5 KB)

and fill blank form:

Result was:

Hi @Alexander_Torrado! Thanks for reporting this issue. I've been able to reproduce it in v1.18, but the problem started happening in v1.17.

I've filed a high priority issue at https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/2722 so we can fix it in the next few days.

Also, extra thanks for providing such a detailed bug report. It saves us a lot of time and that time savings allows us to get a fix out faster.

@Alexander_Torrado, this has been fixed in Collect v1.18.1. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Tested OK.

Thanks a lot.

Hi All,
i have run into this issue with ODK Collect v1.22.4
color styling work fine to highlight a question but, copy and paste the same formatting into choices results in an output that reads: Yes rather than a red "yes".
The preview in Enketo works fine. Is it my phone? - Moto G5plus (Android 8.1.0), or an actual bug?
NB: an old Asus tablet also shows the same issue.
cheers,
jeff

HI @ABCL
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

when it comes to your problem, could you attach your form? I tried the one attached in the docs: https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-styling/ and it looks fine.

Thanks for replying Grzesiek,
Sorry but i have just noticed that my original post didn't explain the issue properly - the form is a behemoth so i have cut out the relevant section.
In Enketo Preview it works as desired: the Project title is in red (as i want), in the repeat group when i select a beetle some options are coloured (the 4th down "Cryptocephalus" was made by copy-paste of the project form styling. i also used hex colours and they work fine too.
But, on my android, all i see is the actual style code words, ie: i see "< span style = " color:red " > Cryptocephalus< / span>" instead of a red worded "Cryptocephalus".
NB:i have added the extra spaces into the span coding,otherwise it doesn't display properly in this post
is it my device?
cheers, jeff
abcl.xlsx (45.0 KB)

Thanks for reporting the issue and for your sample form which helped a lot. The problem is you used minimal appearance and we don't support styling with that appearance. I reported an issue https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/3190 and will fix it.
Thanks!

Thanks again Grzesiek,
i look forward to the fix-the colour coding will help to make some choices stand out from amongst the many in there.
Thank you.

I'll try to add it to v1.23, which will be released at the end of this month but I can't promise.

1 Like

Doesn't work in Enketo though :cry: