Formatting a question with two parts to the answer

Hi all,

I want to add a question which asks for dose in mg/ml. Mg and ml will need to be two separate entries as the dose could be 25mg in 5ml. Is there a way to format this so the question looks like

____mg / ____ml

Thanks in advance,

Faran

I don't think you can format it exactly how you ask. In Collect, you can group multiple questions on the same screen using the field-list appearance on a group. Is that enough?

Hi @danbjoseph

Thanks for your response!

If the questions are in the middle of a group, how would you suggest doing this? E.g.

begin_group
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4 - mg
Q5 - ml
Q6
Q7
end_group

Thanks,

Faran

Are you using appearance of field-list on the big group?
If not, you can nest groups and place the appearance on the child group.

begin_group
Q1
Q2
Q3
begin_group (appearance = field-list)
Q4 - mg
Q5 - ml
end_group
Q6
Q7
end_group

You could also try something like this?

+-------------+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------+----------+
|    type     |     name     |                        label                        | required |
+-------------+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------+----------+
| integer     | mg           | Dose in mg?                                         | yes      |
| integer     | ml           | Dose in ml?                                         | yes      |
| acknowledge | confirm_dose | Please confirm that the dose is ${mg} mg / ${ml} ml | yes      |

Hi @danbjoseph

I've incorporated both of those and that's worked perfectly - thank you very much!

Faran

1 Like