GeoODK App not working properly - message: this app was built for an older version of Android

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am new to GeoDOK. We want to use the App to collect information through a citizen science program. Firstly I get a message "This app was built for an older version ofAndroid and may not work properly. Try checking for updates or contact the developer.". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still get the same message.
Then when I want to change the Platform in the General Settings - if I choose Google Drive, Google Maps Engine - the App bombs out.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers. I do not really understand how to connect to a "server" that is why I want to choose "Google Drive" option to see how the info and where the info I collect is stored. I am using the GeoODK Collect App.
If I go to Form Management, I get the message attached as "ODKCollect_issue2)

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Uninstalling the app. Downloading the app again and installing.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Is there anyone that could give us a demonstration on how to start off with the GeoODK App for our program? E.g. Step 1, Step 2 etc. We have a GIS unit that will assist us, but none of us know how to start using the App as we do not get further - the app bombs out.

I will really appreciate assistance because I believe this App can assist us greatly with community members collecting information for us.

Kind regards
Marle

Welcome to the ODK community @Marle_CT !
Please when you get a chance take some time to introduce yourself here : Introduce yourself here!

GeoODK is no longer maintained and is not part of ODK tools.
You need to use ODKCollect instead (even for geo datas), from the playstore or from the github repo.

3 Likes

Mathieu is exactly correct. GeoODK has never been a core ODK tool and has not received an update since 2017. Most of the functionality that was in GeoODK is now available in ODK Collect.

2 Likes